Tachyum Publishes Prodigy Universal Processor Whitepaper: Up To 6x Faster Than NVIDIA H100 & 30x Faster Than Intel Xeon 8380, Available In 2H 2023

snappercayt

Summary

Tachyum-Prodigy-5nm-Universal-Processor-Whitepaper-Official-_10-740x505.jpg Tachyum-Prodigy-5nm-Universal-Processor-Whitepaper-Official-_7.png

They call it the universal processor as it can emulate x86, ARM etc. 

Main features include: 

1. 128 high-performance unified 64-bit cores running up to 5.7 GHz
  2. 16 DDR5 memory controllers
  3. 64 PCIe 5.0 lanes
  4. Multiprocessor support for 4-socket and 2-socket platforms
  5. Rack solutions for both air-cooled and liquid-cooled data centers
  6. SPECrate 2017 Integer performance of around 4x Intel 8380 and around 3x AMD 7763HPC
  7. Double-Precision Floating-Point performance is 3x NVIDIA H100
  8. AI FP8 performance is 6x NVIDIA H100

Built on TSMC's N5P with HPC and AI specific features and offers line up from 180W to 900W hitting all major CPU makers at once!

Quotes

While the Prodigy T16128-AIX offers around 90 TFLOPs of FP64 perf (with sparsity). The company uses an Air-cooled Prodigy rack which is estimated to deliver up to 6.2 PetaFlops of HPC FP64 horsepower versus an NVIDIA H100 DGX POD rack which offers 960 TFLOPs of FP64 HPC performance. The liquid-cooled Prodigy which can sustain higher-end chips should offer over double the performance at 12.9 PetaFLOPs.

My thoughts

Heard about this small startup with designing a new chip a while back, they were still a start up I guess and now they making real stuff with TSMC on the back, this puppy will be eyeing AMD, Intel and Nvidia at the same time. Very interesting times for CPU enthusiasts. They promise to deliver these chips in second half of 2023 and sampling starting later this year

Sources

Read it all here 

https://wccftech.com/tachyum-prodigy-universal-processor-whitepaper-up-to-6x-faster-nvidia-h100-30x-faster-intel-xeon-8380/

I am getting vaporware/scam vibes here. 47 employee company designing and entirely new chip on a mega scale?  How big of a die size do they plan to use? The whole wafer per one chip? 

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

software optimization goes a long way towards chip performance, so I wonder how that will go for them. A new chip manufacturer is always cool to see though. 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

6 minutes ago, ZetZet said:

I am getting vaporware/scam vibes here. 47 employee company designing and entirely new chip on a mega scale?  How big of a die size do they plan to use? The whole wafer per one chip? 

yes! very scammy like indeed but been around for few years now to test that fact maybe? perhaps name like TSMC and samples coming out soon should give us more information about their scammyness haha! I hope they are real and scare Intel and AMD 

So this is like 1KW FPGA thingy?

Good, anything to help Blizzard WoW servers, whatever it takes.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Sounds a bit too good to be true, and I doubt those performance numbers are representative of the emulated modes

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

This will live and die on vendor support and software support. Also without real world reviews from the likes of Serve The Home I simply chose to treat these performance numbers as marketing and not actual performance.

I wonder who will actually be the first to put these in, someone that actually matters mind you.

Imagine the bidding war between amd, intel, and nvidia if this chip is anything rhis material makes it out to be....