o11d XL distro plate side config

Go to solution Solved by thrasher_565,
1 hour ago, bitezadusto3731 said:

I am putting together my build list for my new PC and the final thing I am considering is what to do about my distro block placement. I am planning on getting the EK-Quantum Reflection² PC-O11D XL D5 PWM D-RGB - Plexi distro plate and the website says made for the front plate of my o11d XL. I have seen many builds that look more open with the plate on the side. Is that possible with this plate? I want to have a top and bottom 360M radiator (2 360M rads, 4 sets of fans) with a side distro plate rather than doing a side radiator (3 360M rads, 3 sets of fans) and front plate. My first water cooled build so trying to make sure I have not overlooked anything in this regard 🙂

no that's a different plate. there were some that bolt up to fan mounts but i think there hard to find or even more expensive ..

I am putting together my build list for my new PC and the final thing I am considering is what to do about my distro block placement. I am planning on getting the EK-Quantum Reflection² PC-O11D XL D5 PWM D-RGB - Plexi distro plate and the website says made for the front plate of my o11d XL. I have seen many builds that look more open with the plate on the side. Is that possible with this plate? I want to have a top and bottom 360M radiator (2 360M rads, 4 sets of fans) with a side distro plate rather than doing a side radiator (3 360M rads, 3 sets of fans) and front plate. My first water cooled build so trying to make sure I have not overlooked anything in this regard 🙂

1 hour ago, bitezadusto3731 said:

no that's a different plate. there were some that bolt up to fan mounts but i think there hard to find or even more expensive ..

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

1 hour ago, thrasher_565 said:

Oh okay thank you. I looked into it and the one for the side is the G1 but the 3.1 DDC pump seems to break almost instantly and needs a 3.2, think I will opt for the front plate and go from there. Thanks for the help!

i would just go for ek tbe200 d5, it's not as pretty but

• easier to mount & remove
  • way easier to clean
  • cheaper by 50% at least
  • can still use it when u move to a new case
  • likely use less tubing & fittings

oh btw reservoir volume only slow down your loop heating up & cooling down

Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Audio: beyerdynamic DT 900 Pro X + iFi ZEN Air DAC + Razer Seiren Mini