Does anyone have experince with I- Tek thermal paste?

Go to solution Solved by Somerandomtechyboi,
17 minutes ago, manikyath said:

before you start worrying about repasting it, how about peeling some dust out the heatsink.

have him buy one of those computer duster spray cans, simply spray into every exhaust vent to loosen stuff up, then in every intake vent to get what's left behind out of the fans.

^^^

never heard of i tek either but if its some garbage generic paste then itll prob have meh performance, gd900 is a good option for dirt cheap (i can buy a 30g tub for only 2$) and performs similarly to mx4

i'm helping a friend of mine to fix his laptop and make it a tiny bit faster. iv'e already factory reset it and told him to buy an ssd as his C drive to speed things up a bit. But the laptop he has (HP ProBook 450 G4 art numbr:1AA13PA) is pretty old and is having thermal issues which hasnt been a issue longterm, but has started to become one recently.

Since he dosent live in the same country as I do I can't go over to him and help him buy stuff and he dosent have as much experince with computers. So he bought a thermal paste iv'e never really heard about before " I-tek thermal grease" and I couldn't find any site on it except one indian ebay listing. And I was wondering what the thermal conductivity is and if it's a good option at all. I can ask him to return it and get for example noctua but I don't wanna cause any inconveniences so it's better if I ask the pc gods of the internet first. Should he return it and buy a known brand, or wing it?

off topic: he does alot of rendering and 3d work so thermals is something that is quite important that he stays as cool as possible since it a laptop and he can have renders going for hours and needs every single bit of juice he can get.

8 minutes ago, Kevin.Sahlstrom said:

is pretty old and is having thermal issues

before you start worrying about repasting it, how about peeling some dust out the heatsink.

have him buy one of those computer duster spray cans, simply spray into every exhaust vent to loosen stuff up, then in every intake vent to get what's left behind out of the fans.

17 minutes ago, manikyath said:

^^^

never heard of i tek either but if its some garbage generic paste then itll prob have meh performance, gd900 is a good option for dirt cheap (i can buy a 30g tub for only 2$) and performs similarly to mx4

On 10/1/2022 at 5:57 PM, manikyath said:

already done that, the laptop is 6 years old and has never had a repaste 

On 10/1/2022 at 6:15 PM, Somerandomtechyboi said:

^^^

yeah I was thinking the same. he bought for maybe 3 bucks. And thermal paste in general is very cheap so its prob better to buy like a 5g tube from a good brand for like 10 bucks on amazon