Anyone have experience with EVGA RMA Process?

XplosiveNoctua99

I bought an EVGA RTX 3070 on ebay (used) at a good price and it worked for all about 10mins before I tried installing drivers and it went crazy and just froze, wouldn't boot until I got the gpu out, tried it in another system same problem as soon as drivers were installed it just stopped (RGB on the card still works and fans etc. but mostly just green static on the screen etc.) Anyway... I was lucky enough to get a card where they included their original receipt and also the card still has 2 years of warranty left.

I was looking at the EVGA RMA Process and it seems like it says you need to pay for a replacement unless I misunderstand their meaning?

"After an RMA request is approved, you will be required to pay for the full replacement collateral price of your product. The cost of collateral is determined by EVGA based on the current product's MSRP price, and is charged in TWD."

I'm not sure if its worth just trying to get a refund from ebay or actually going with the RMA, because I live in Australia I expect I'll have to ship internationally and that'll be quite expensive as well.

Anyone able to give advice in this situation?

Thanks!

My PC Specs: CPU: Core i5 4590 @ stock speeds, GPU: RX 480 8GB, RAM: 16GB DDR3 @1600mhz

Case: Zalman ZM-T4,Motherboard: GigaByte GA-H81M-S2H LGA 1150, HDD/SSD: 2TB Seagate Expansion drive, 1TB Samsung Portable HDD, 160gb Intel SSD, PSU: 550w corsair cxm

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

I think this is for if you want to receive the replacement card before sending in your current one, so you're not sitting without a card. If you choose to do this they should send back the money after receiving the dead card, it's just to prevent people from scamming them.

You should be able to send the card without paying, but it will likely take longer before you're getting a replacement.

If your device is in warranty, your replacement will be free. And EVGA is very communicative.

Have you already registered your product on EVGA's website? If not, you will have to do that to claim the warranty.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Fasauceome said:

If your device is in warranty, your replacement will be free. And EVGA is very communicative.

Have you already registered your product on EVGA's website? If not, you will have to do that to claim the warranty.

Yeah I just registered it

My PC Specs: CPU: Core i5 4590 @ stock speeds, GPU: RX 480 8GB, RAM: 16GB DDR3 @1600mhz

Case: Zalman ZM-T4,Motherboard: GigaByte GA-H81M-S2H LGA 1150, HDD/SSD: 2TB Seagate Expansion drive, 1TB Samsung Portable HDD, 160gb Intel SSD, PSU: 550w corsair cxm

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

1 hour ago, XplosiveNoctua99 said:

Yeah I just registered it

Ok then just go through the site to start the RMA process. The more info you give the faster the replacement. I would not mention that you got thee card 2nd. hand though.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price.