How do I connect my GPU

Mixxer10
Go to solution Solved by BiotechBen,
2 minutes ago, Mixxer10 said:

Thank you! 

I explained myself wrong. 
I have a RTX3070 now. And tomorrow I will have a Gigabyte Auros RX6900XT that uses 3x8 

My question is: Are there enough cables in the box of the RM850x That I have also orderd to connect my RX6900XT ( 3x8pin) 

According to their site, for that PSU it comes with 3 6+2 pin cables as shown in the picture

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Power-Supply-Units/Power-Supply-Units-Advanced/RMx-Series/p/CP-9020180-NA

Goodmorning/evening all! 

Yesterday I orderd a Gigabyte Auros  RX6900XT 16GB Master together with a RX850x 
But now i'm doubting myself. 

Setup: 

Lian Li 011 Dynamic 
6x Unifan SL120

Asus Z490 
i9 10850k

MSI Ventus  RTX3070 

Kraken X63 

1x Samsung 980 M2 Nvme 

The question: 

How do I connect the GPU? it has 3x 8 pin connector. 
If I look at the specs of the power Supply I only get 2x 6+2 in the box. Or is the webesite i'm ordering off wrong with the info? 
Can anybody can tell me what cables are included? 

Greeting Mixxer! 

4 minutes ago, Mixxer10 said:

Goodmorning/evening all! 

Yesterday I orderd a Gigabyte Auros  RX6900XT 16GB Master together with a RX850x 
But now i'm doubting myself. 

Setup: 

Lian Li 011 Dynamic 
6x Unifan SL120

Asus Z490 
i9 10850k

MSI Ventus  RTX3070 

Kraken X63 

1x Samsung 980 M2 Nvme 

The question: 

How do I connect the GPU? it has 3x 8 pin connector. 
If I look at the specs of the power Supply I only get 2x 6+2 in the box. Or is the webesite i'm ordering off wrong with the info? 
Can anybody can tell me what cables are included? 

Greeting Mixxer! 

Hey there, welcome to the forums.

Your 3070 doesn't need all three cables, the 3090 has a TDP of 350w, which would be near the max of the 75w from the socket + 2x 150w rated 8-pin PCIE cables. Your 3070 might pull 230W under full load, which falls in well under the max load of the power delivery.

4 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

Hey there, welcome to the forums.

Your 3070 doesn't need all three cables, the 3090 has a TDP of 350w, which would be near the max of the 75w from the socket + 2x 150w rated 8-pin PCIE cables. Your 3070 might pull 230W under full load, which falls in well under the max load of the power delivery.

Thank you! 

I have a RTX3070 now. And tomorrow I will have a Gigabyte Auros RX6900XT that uses 3x8 

My question is: Are there enough cables in the box of the RM850x That I have also orderd to connect my RX6900XT ( 3x8pin) 

2 minutes ago, Mixxer10 said:

Thank you! 

According to their site, for that PSU it comes with 3 6+2 pin cables as shown in the picture

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Power-Supply-Units/Power-Supply-Units-Advanced/RMx-Series/p/CP-9020180-NA

3 minutes ago, Mixxer10 said:

How did I not see that on the site... 

Well thank you kind man. 

All in a day's work, helping people is what I do 🙂

4 minutes ago, Mixxer10 said:

How did I not see that on the site... 

Well thank you kind man. 

The new, downgraded RM850x 2021 with the triangles on the grill only has two PCIe cables with two connectors each. Just use two connectors on one cable and one connector on the other. 

:)

4 minutes ago, seon123 said:

The new, downgraded RM850x 2021 with the triangles on the grill only has two PCIe cables with two connectors each. Just use two connectors on one cable and one connector on the other. 

Oh damn! Yeah I got that one. 
Then I will Daisy chain one. 

Thanks!! 

You can also order custom cables from a site like cablemod ... the "C-series" is compatile with RMi and RM*x series from Corsair : https://cablemod.com/products/?filter_series=c-series-rmi-rmx

The 850w model seems to have 5  8 pin headers for pci-e or cpu connectors so you could easily add an extra cable with just one connector .. for example : https://cablemod.com/product/cablemod-c-series-pro-modflex-8-pin-pci-e-cable-for-corsair-rmi-rmx-rm-black-label-600mm-black/