ultra silent gaming PC

DG House

Heyo,

a friend of my ask me too build a super silent, energy efficent gaming PC for his camper, powered by battery/solar

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/HRXnwc

im unsure about the GPU and the Moba

the Moba needs very good VRMs and heatsink and the GPU is more difficult than that (she wants at least 3070 performance)

PS: the one fan is for temps beyond 90C°

What's its going to be used for? I'm not sure how you'd get 3070 performance without sucking down a decent amout of power, and id look at a 12400f, should be cooler and less power hungry than a 5700x

5 minutes ago, Ryuikko said:

What's its going to be used for? I'm not sure how you'd get 3070 performance without sucking down a decent amout of power, and id look at a 12400f, should be cooler and less power hungry than a 5700x

for games from stardew valley too cyberpunk, the GPU can suck juice during gaming but shut be super efficnet during idle/office use

she dosnt like Intel, I even advocated for the 12th gen

What about this? It has a slower (but more efficient) CPU, and a slower SSD which she probably won't even notice. I went for a CPU cooler with a fan. You can set it up so it doesn't spin until it reaches a certain temp. The Be Quiet fans are not far behind the Noctua but still half the price. The Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT has one of the best coolers and the 6700 XT is an amazing GPU. I went with a cheaper PSU too, not really any reason to get such an expensive one.

Also a tip I have for low noise (and also low power consumption) is to undervolt the CPU and GPU. This makes a pretty big difference. Do make sure to set up fan curves too, because usually they're a bit aggressive (especially the CPU one)

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600 3.5 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($149.00 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Deepcool AK620 68.99 CFM CPU Cooler  ($64.98 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI B550-A PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($139.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: TEAMGROUP T-Create Expert 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($44.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN570 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($65.98 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 6700 XT 12 GB NITRO+ Video Card  ($429.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P300A Mesh ATX Mid Tower Case  ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 650 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($69.99 @ EVGA)
Case Fan: be quiet! Shadow Wings 2 49.8 CFM 140 mm Fan  ($16.89 @ Amazon)
Case Fan: be quiet! Shadow Wings 2 49.8 CFM 140 mm Fan  ($16.89 @ Amazon)
Total: $1068.69
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-09-24 14:26 EDT-0400

2 minutes ago, Pixelfie said:

What about this?

Nice selection

the GPU looks like a very good compromise to me

the 6x core CPU could make a diffents,i gonna to look at it

the CPU is active and i want least fans as possible

i dont like WD storage cause there a super encrypted what makes data recovery hardly possbile for me (also lame L3 Cache)

aslo the PSU is active

I'd go for AMD on the gpu front because they seem to be the more efficient ones this gen, I think a 6700xt/6750xt will be good.

I think getting a fanless psu is also a bit overkill because the gpu fans will spin while gaming anyway (thus overpowering the very quiet psu anyway) so getting a semi passive one like the Seasonic TX-850 is not only cheaper but she'll also fall better in the efficiency curve saving a bit of power.

16 hours ago, DG House said:

the CPU is active and i want least fans as possible

aslo the PSU is active

CPU fans can be turned off in the BIOS. This cooler is very good so the fans don't need to spin very fast to keep it cool. Under load you're probably not even going to hear it if you set up the fan curve properly.

About the PSU fan, that only starts spinning under a certain amount of load which may not even be reached with this PC. Even if it would be, the fans would be so quiet you're not going to hear it.

16 hours ago, DG House said:

i dont like WD storage cause there a super encrypted what makes data recovery hardly possbile for me (also lame L3 Cache)

Don't think it's an issue with the SN570. Seems like it also went up in price, but the PNY CS3030 is a solid alternative.