Best place for used parts

Idkwhattodowithmylife
5 hours ago, Idkwhattodowithmylife said:

What is the best site to get used pc parts?

I've been wondering the same thing myself. I've been working on building a weird HTPC/NAS/Plex server/retro-gaming/thing, but as it's not my main machine I wanted to do it as cheaply as possible. I settled on building it for ~£200 - £250, and eBay was obviously my first choice, but I've been struggling to find used parts on there that aren't approaching new prices. I was bidding on a 5600G the other day, and no word of a lie, the bids went higher than the price of buying a new one! Other than the case I've not been able to find any of the parts I want at anywhere near the sorts of prices I was willing to pay.

If you're on Facebook, then checking out local marketplaces might be a good shout (I'm not on Facebook, though). 

Over on Reddit there are a number of subreddits called "Hardware Swap" for numerous countries. The downside to that is that... well, it's reddit. I don't know how well-policed those are, but some people seem to swear by them.

And if you're in the UK, Gumtree seems like it might have potential. I've only started looking on there today, but noticed a 5600G sold for £100. Which is still higher than I was hoping, but less than the joke that is eBay these days! 

I buy all my for-tinkering-with computer junk from eBay.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

Ebay, facebook marketplace, meracri. Also, here on the forums, hardware swap subreddit, hard forums, Overclock.net and a few other places. I even know of a few discords. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

As others have said FB Marketplace is good shout. I have picked up some older (DDR3 RAM) fromm CEX for dirt cheap, so that can be worth a look too.

On 9/24/2022 at 8:18 AM, Mel0n. said:

ONLY buy from sellers with over 50 feedback. I don't mean over 50% positive reviews, I mean, just buy from well known sellers.

This applies elsewhere, as well.

I bought an OBDII to USB adapter cable for tuning my car from Newegg, and it was a POS. Didn't work. I left it a 1 egg review, the company changed the SKU, thereby totally negating my negative review. Was a cheap knockoff of a really expensive item (US company that made these was selling it for $200, Newegg seller wanted $50 for the same thing).

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022