Looking for creative solution to move PC heat out of the room.

Ehntals

I am trying to figure out the logistics of a custom cooling solution that not only pulls the heat from my system, but also out of the room.

My home office is a small room on the upper floor, Maybe 7x12 with angled ceilings that are only 6.5 foot at the highest point.  My gaming PC makes this room HOT. 
Upwards of 90F even in the winter.  I actually have to block the heating vent for the house heat to keep it manageable in the winter, additional window unit to augment the central air in the summer.

So what I'm trying to devise is a way to take all of the heat being generated by my system and move it somewhere else. 
I have a crawlspace just behind the wall of my PC that would be a great place to dump excess heat if it does not bring other problems.
I obviously don't want to move house air into that space or it could cause moisture problems.  Passive cooling could be difficult with the space potentially getting quite warm under the summer sun.
Perhaps a heat pump of some kind?  

Are there any products on the market that could accommodate something like this?
I'm kinda picturing some kind of specialized mini-split unit cooling my PC. 

i mean, you could just have the intakes in the room, and then make a insulated bag to surround the rest of the pc to exhaust the heat out the window or something if you can design something similar. The closer the computer is to the window the better.

Shimejii, I have considered that option.  Though I'm trying to find something that is a bit more elegant in implementation, otherwise I would just wrap it in insulation and run a dryer hose out the window.  I'm also trying not to chimney all of the house heat out during the winter.  My oil bills would kill me faster than the heat. 

10 hours ago, narrdarr said:

What kind of budget are you working with?

Honestly, more trying to pin down proof of concept than cost at the moment.
But I'm probably not looking to build a full server room, though it is possible.  I could just build a box in the crawlspace and just mount an I/O panel in the office. But I would still need to manage the environment in the enclosure for heat and moisture.  And I wouldn't be able to see the case I worked so hard to make look nice, but that's the trade-off.

43 minutes ago, Ehntals said:

Honestly, more trying to pin down proof of concept than cost at the moment.
But I'm probably not looking to build a full server room, though it is possible.  I could just build a box in the crawlspace and just mount an I/O panel in the office. But I would still need to manage the environment in the enclosure for heat and moisture.  And I wouldn't be able to see the case I worked so hard to make look nice, but that's the trade-off.

Have you thought about water cooling your build? You could then place the rad(s) wherever you want to dump the heat. Which wouldn't necessarily have to be in that cawl space. Just run the tubes to it.

On 9/18/2022 at 9:14 AM, Ehntals said:

I am trying to figure out the logistics of a custom cooling solution that not only pulls the heat from my system, but also out of the room.

My home office is a small room on the upper floor, Maybe 7x12 with angled ceilings that are only 6.5 foot at the highest point.  My gaming PC makes this room HOT. 
Upwards of 90F even in the winter.  I actually have to block the heating vent for the house heat to keep it manageable in the winter, additional window unit to augment the central air in the summer.

So what I'm trying to devise is a way to take all of the heat being generated by my system and move it somewhere else. 
I have a crawlspace just behind the wall of my PC that would be a great place to dump excess heat if it does not bring other problems.
I obviously don't want to move house air into that space or it could cause moisture problems.  Passive cooling could be difficult with the space potentially getting quite warm under the summer sun.
Perhaps a heat pump of some kind?  

Are there any products on the market that could accommodate something like this?
I'm kinda picturing some kind of specialized mini-split unit cooling my PC. 

you could try pc in a different room or have a hose thingy like an portable ac and mount in where the exhaust of the pc isVenting_a_Dryer_Out_a_Window_2048x.thumb.webp.10a05a21ed070f174687a7fbaa16e22d.webp

Main:

• CPU
    10700k 5ghz All core 47 ring ratio 1.275v
  • Motherboard
    MSI Z590 A Pro
  • RAM
    4x8 viper steel samsung bdie: 4200-17-17-30
  • GPU
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming Oc
  • Case
    O11 air mini
  • Storage
    970 Evo Plus 500gb OS, Sn550 1tb, 860 evo 500gb, 2tb MX500
  • PSU
    RM750x (2018)
  • Display(s)
    Acer Nitro vg272up, Kogan 24 1080 120hz
  • Cooling
    arctic 280aio, EK M.2 NVMe Heatsink on 970 evo plus

Second: 
    Cpu: i5-8400
    Cooling: ID-Cooling Frostflow 120x
    Ram: 2x8gb 2666 c16 hyperx fury, tuned the absolute balls out of it but def not stehble.
    Mobo: Asus Prime H310M-K
    Gpu: Igpu
    Case: Coolermaster MB311L

Basically put the pc in a sealed box with some venting that blows air in and a duct that transports it out the house. Putting heat in a crawlspace will just mean that area will heat up a lot and eventually backfeed.

Most comfortable and, imo best, would be to just install a mini split in the room.

A 9000 btu model should be plenty.

You can buy a Daikin unit off of Amazon for about $1000 with most of what you need, other than running line voltage to the outdoor unit and you'll need a vacuum pump, minimum, for specialty tools. Daikin is a solid brand. Mitsubishi is my favorite mini split company though. Fujitsu isn't bad either. Stay away from LG.

Pioneer is an ok brand on Amazon as well.

You can obviously buy from other vendors. But I like to use Amazon as a general option.

Some brands have precharged line sets that don't require a vacuum pump but I find them questionable.

Regarding dumping heat into the crawl space, make sure it has vents to the outside if you go that route. Also remember, air out = air in. So air from outside will be pulled into the house from somewhere. A sealed in and out box with the PC case in it would work.