Asus has broken Intel non disclosure agreement

BeardedCatZombie

http://wccftech.com/asus-breaks-z97-nda-review-benchmarks-z97-motherboards/

So I posted on this earlier in the week so I figured I would report back. Asus didnt go as far as to start selling their product early which was rumored but they did reveal the specs of their motherboards and allowed websites to post reviews on them. So there you have it.

aww how sad, bloody fools, what the heck did they think would happen.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

the new gold looks much better than that ugly yellow they used last round. 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

This looks like a complete troll to me, like seriously who runs Unigine Heaven @ 640x480.

Yeah, and especially coming from wccftech, it's not exactly rock solid.

"M. Aronnax." replied the Canadian, "your arguments are rotten at the foundation. You speak in the future, 'We shall be there! we shall be here!' I speak in the present, 'We are here, and we must profit by it.'"

Forgot to write in that I'm still not sure how accurate this information is but at I did check right at twelve last night on any news about this and a bunch of articles from all over the world popped up about the new asus boards which convinced me a little but I don't speak Russian or Chinese so I can't be sure , there were a few in English which I think are cited in the article.

This looks like a complete troll to me, like seriously who runs Unigine Heaven @ 640x480.

Well it is a CPU review, so you would want to minimize GPU bottlenecking as much as possible.

Well I mean, Intel aren't going to stop them making Intel motherboards, so it's just kind of a dick move from ASUS really. There was no need

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Yeah, and especially coming from wccftech, it's not exactly rock solid.

Its been mentioned clearly that the benchmarks are sourced from HardOCP.

Its been mentioned clearly that the benchmarks are sourced from HardOCP.

Regardless, I'm going to wait for others to confirm before believing it.

"M. Aronnax." replied the Canadian, "your arguments are rotten at the foundation. You speak in the future, 'We shall be there! we shall be here!' I speak in the present, 'We are here, and we must profit by it.'"

If anyone seriously thinks ASUS violated any non-disclosure agreement, you probably have never heard of marketing.

If it generates interest and sales, Intel could care less, besides its not like the CPU's are in sellers hands to insert into those mobo's.

Besides if you didn't see the hoopla now would you be interested?

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Then couldn't MSI have broken it (and whoever else revealed theirs) simply because they revealed them? Or did I misunderstand something?

EDIT: His tweet used a ;). He's screwing with us.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

So.... What's intel gonna do now?

Help me I'm surrounded by morons.

So.... What's intel gonna do now?

Reap the benefits of free advertising of their new processor release.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Actually the z97 deluxe and the new M7 Ranger has just gone on sale in Hong Kong yesterday, with stock. Does it count as breaking the NDA?

the new gold looks much better than that ugly yellow they used last round.

The gold last time was actually pretty darn close to real gold.

Well it is a CPU review, so you would want to minimize GPU bottlenecking as much as possible.

Then they should run a CPU benchmark and motherboards don't effect perfomance so this is a complete fake.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

den 640x480 benchmarks

well, this is going to turn out to be interesting. obviously asus will get fucked because they went against an agreement. what was the point? of not waiting a few weeks? what difference does it make? did asus think they would take advantage over other motherboard manufacturers by letting people see their new boards before anyone else? i dunno. this is so stupid.

I love how people comoletly ignore the 5% margin on results. Its an agreed margin in statistics for diferentiating values when they are close. Less that 5% different, could be the same. More that 5, ok we can talk.

Then they should run a CPU benchmark and motherboards don't effect perfomance so this is a complete fake.

Motherboards can effect performance, negatively. The reason [H]ard runs those benches is to make sure everything is working as it should be. Also there is no point in running a CPU benchmark because they're using a 4770K and it isn't a CPU review it's a motherboard review. On another interesting note the owner of [H]ardOCP stated on their forums that they are not under any NDA from Intel regarding any piece of information in the review.