Asus has broken Intel non disclosure agreement

BeardedCatZombie

Then they should run a CPU benchmark and motherboards don't effect perfomance so this is a complete fake.

Do you understand what "margin of error" is? The results to me looks like just that.

Like Derangel said, 1) it's a motherboard review, not a CPU review and 2) it's probably just to make sure nothing strange is going on.

I love how people comoletly ignore the 5% margin on results. Its an agreed margin in statistics for diferentiating values when they are close. Less that 5% different, could be the same. More that 5, ok we can talk.

Yah seems like a lot of people never studied basic statistics. 5% significance levels (or 95% confidence intervals) are pretty much the standard in scientific research

Today on WCCF stuff that we totally didn't make up!

AMD Ryzen 5900x, Nvidia RTX 3080 (MSI Gaming X-trio), ASrock X570 Extreme4, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB @ 3200mhz CL16, Corsair MP600 1TB, Intel 660P 1TB, Corsair HX1000, Corsair 680x, Corsair H100i Platinum

Motherboards can effect performance, negatively. The reason [H]ard runs those benches is to make sure everything is working as it should be. Also there is no point in running a CPU benchmark because they're using a 4770K and it isn't a CPU review it's a motherboard review. On another interesting note the owner of [H]ardOCP stated on their forums that they are not under any NDA from Intel regarding any piece of information in the review.

Do you understand what "margin of error" is? The results to me looks like just that.

Like Derangel said, 1) it's a motherboard review, not a CPU review and 2) it's probably just to make sure nothing strange is going on.

I see what your saying now, I was just too tired last night. :D

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

why is this sad?

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

stuff 4k 640x480 FTW!

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

Yah seems like a lot of people never studied basic statistics. 5% significance levels (or 95% confidence intervals) are pretty much the standard in scientific research

agreed, and thanks now i know the english terms ^^

I think it might be legit, OC3D released their Z97 previews of the Asus boards that day and TTL said something along the lines of "Asus want us to tell you all the details about this stuff but that sounds dodgy so I'll make sure to stick within Intel's NDA" and his previews were along the same lines as any other tech site's previews of say Gigabyte or MSI boards without any of the extra information in the article in the OP. If someone as respected as TTL said that about the NDA, I'd tend to believe them.