"PC Games have Surpassed Console Games Globally"

jmaster299

Title says it all, PC Gaming is now generating more revenue worldwide than console gaming.

http://hexus.net/gaming/news/industry/69141-global-pc-games-market-revenue-overtakes-consoles/

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

6 months ago "PC GAMING IS DOOOOOOOOOOOMED" -Everyone

well maybe not 6 months ago, but I was saying that a few years ago, when devs started, removing public access to server files, and switching to match making instead of a server browser, and not releasing mod tools.   It is coming alive again, but devs just need to give us what we want, a FINISHED game, with dedicated servers and full control over them, get rid of match making, and give us mod tools.

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

PCMASTERRACE!

Current rig: CPU: AMD FX-8120  Cooling: Corsair H100i  Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme 3  RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz  GPU: MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition  Case: Fractal Design Define R4  Storage: 2TB Seagate HDD + 128GB Crucial SSD  PSU: be quiet! 730W bronze

We did it, guys. Digital butt-pats all around. 

Source: http://www.pcr-online.biz/news/read/pc-games-have-surpassed-console-games-globally/033849

Following one of their quarterly reports, an analyst at DFI Intelligence is claiming that revenue from the PC gaming sector has surpassed that of the console gaming sector. Apparently, this is largely due to MOBAs like League of Legends and Dota 2. He also claims that "PC player hours" have been pretty consistent instead of dropping like they might have thought, but I think that's a trickier claim to make since the article didn't mention how that data collection was done. It might be in the paid report, but I have no interest in forking over cash for it. >_>

He also mentions that it's important to remember that when the new consoles start picking up the pace, that might make a difference. I'd be curious to know what revenue amounts these guys at DFI arrived at, but unfortunately, it's not in the article. I'd also like to know if tablets or smartphones factored into this at all, or if they were considered a separate entity. 

The PC games market has now surpassed the console gaming sector in terms of revenues, an analyst has claimed.

DFC Intelligence owner David Cole told PCR: "On a global basis PC games have surpassed console games but the new console systems means consoles should show an increase. 

"Among core gamers there is a heavy overlap with most console gamers also playing on a PC. The big difference is that consoles are now the luxury item and PCs are the necessity. Just a few years ago the reverse was true.  This means PCs have the broader audience."

Now back to the digital butt-pats. Who wants the first ass-slap?

EDIT: (This was an OP before two threads got merged, hence why it looks out of place in the middle of a thread xD )

get rid of match making

Don't get rid of matchmaking, it's what keeps most people interested, including me.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

F2P MOBAs have become real titans now, and you don't need a beastly system to play.

And dammit, apparently I took too long writing the OP, somebody beat me to it. :/

6 months ago "PC GAMING IS DOOOOOOOOOOOMED" -Everyone

noone mate

and pc sales have also nothing to do with pc gaming, it does not affect it, but opposite yes

And dammit, apparently I took too long writing the OP, somebody beat me to it. :/

I hate when that happens

If I was a mod I'd lock the other one, he didn't bother to write anything, just a copy and paste and now yours will get locked in favour of his despite your effort in writing a bit.

That is the no1 trend that fucking annoys me most on this forum, rewarding speed and not quality.

If I was a mod I'd lock the other one, he didn't bother to write anything, just a copy and paste and now yours will get locked in favour of his despite your effort in writing a bit.

That is the no1 trend that fucking annoys me most on this forum, rewarding speed and not quality.

Why in the world should I have to regurgitate what is in the article? Not my fault u too lazy to follow the link and want the information spoon fed to you.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

well maybe not 6 months ago, but I was saying that a few years ago, when devs started, removing public access to server files, and switching to match making instead of a server browser, and not releasing mod tools.   It is coming alive again, but devs just need to give us what we want, a FINISHED game, with dedicated servers and full control over them, get rid of match making, and give us mod tools.

No, I don't want other players to have control over the servers. It's the main reason I don't play Counter Strike any more.

Why in the world should I have to regurgitate what is in the article? Not my fault u too lazy to follow the link and want the information spoon fed to you.

He didn't just regurgitate, he gave his opinion on what he had read.

Aw, crap, I forgot that when you merge an older thread into a newer

one, the old OP will become the OP of the merged thread (which, in

hindsight, is perfectly logical of course since naturally it is an

earlier post). *facepalm*

Anyway, This is pretty much what we would like to have in a news

post: Source link, a short summary and/or excerpt in a quote and

some personal opinion by OP, @Scionyde set a very good

example actually:

We did it, guys. Digital butt-pats all around. 

Source: http://www.pcr-online.biz/news/read/pc-games-have-surpassed-console-games-globally/033849

Following one of their quarterly reports, an analyst at DFI Intelligence is claiming that revenue from the PC gaming sector has surpassed that of the console gaming sector. Apparently, this is largely due to MOBAs like League of Legends and Dota 2. He also claims that "PC player hours" have been pretty consistent instead of dropping like they might have thought, but I think that's a trickier claim to make since the article didn't mention how that data collection was done. It might be in the paid report, but I have no interest in forking over cash for it. >_>

He also mentions that it's important to remember that when the new consoles start picking up the pace, that might make a difference. I'd be curious to know what revenue amounts these guys at DFI arrived at, but unfortunately, it's not in the article. I'd also like to know if tablets or smartphones factored into this at all, or if they were considered a separate entity. 

Now back to the digital butt-pats. Who wants the first ass-slap?

Apologies for the merge screwup Scionyde, but you did good here. :)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

This is news, not opinions. 

If you want purely news then why are you on a forum? :P

Let's just end the argument and be happy the PC Master Race is now known worldwide. 

//ccap

If you want purely news then why are you on a forum? :P

Let's just end the argument and be happy the PC Master Race is now known worldwide. 

There was no opinion to give imo so I didn't give one. It's not for you or anyone else to tell me I'm wrong for letting the article speak for itself.

Great news!

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.