omfg all three z97 boards with PEX/PLX chips have Killer Ethernet >_<

-ranty alert

RAWHR! Gigabyte, AsRock and ASUS what you doing?!?

Gigabyte-Z97X-SOC

ASUS Z97-WS

ASRock Z97 OC Formula

ALL OF THEM have the turd sandwich nic *sends out army of grues*

Then all I can hope for is EVGA to for once not make their flagship a shitting E-ATX form factor (fat chance) or for MSi to, uncaracteristically for them, make a board with a PLX/PEX chip. I think Z97 is over for me before it has begun. Is it a bird? Is it a plane? NO! It's a dealbreaker!

So basically, my only two requirements in a board; Intel Gigabit Ethernet and PLX/PEX is impossible to get on the same board this generation. FML.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

you know asus IS asrock you should be shouting at asus....

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

RAWHR! Gigabyte, AsRock and ASUS what you doing?!?

Gigabyte-Z97X-SOC

ASUS Z97-WS

ASRock Z97 OC Formula

ALL OF THEM have the turd sandwich nic *sends out army of grues*

Then all I can hope for is EVGA to for once not make their flagship a shitting E-ATX form factor (fat chance) or for MSi to, uncaracteristically for them, make a board with a PLX/PEX chip. I think Z97 is over for me before it has begun. Is it a bird? Is it a plane? NO! It's a dealbreaker!

What's wrong with Killer Ethernet?

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

*facepalm* Are you high? They are TWO different companies...

And to OP: Killer isn't that necessarily bad. However, Intel NICs have shown quite an improvement and really it's only time till they readopt them into all their boards unless they have a partnership with Killer.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

That was the case once... not anymore. They are independent companies

That was the case once... not anymore. They are independent companies

well thats news to me

*facepalm* Are you high?

they were apparently guess i havent been following the news

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

They're riddled with problems.

FML.

You know, PCI and PCIe are there for a reason... just throw in a NIC that doesn't suck.

well thats news to me

they were apparently guess i havent been following the news

for a long time it seems...

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

You know, PCI and PCIe are there for a reason... just throw in a NIC that doesn't suck.

This might actually be a decent solution for your problem :D buy a good intel nic for like $50 and throw it in there... Not the optimal solution but it should work

This might actually be a decent solution for your problem :D buy a good intel nic for like $50 and throw it in there... Not the optimal solution but it should work

Thanks but I'm going to save my pennies for Haswell-E instead. Still hoping EVGA has something up their sleeves, but I have a feeling that even if they do manage a board with my requirements through a fluke, it will be E-ATX and thus not fit in the case I've extensively modded months in advance for all this.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

*facepalm* Are you high? They are TWO different companies...

And to OP: Killer isn't that necessarily bad. However, Intel NICs have shown quite an improvement and really it's only time till they readopt them into all their boards unless they have a partnership with Killer.

They used to be the same but now they are not

They used to be the same but now they are not

I'm aware of that but are they now? No.

I personally wonder if we'll see a second wave of Z97 boards when Broadwell releases proper.

Correction: With some of the thing's I'e seen from Z97 boards so far, I hope we have a second wave of Z97 boards

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Intel is the best, hands down. Some companies that went with Killer are learning from their mistake and switching back to Intel.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

so it has even come to the point where people go full-retard because of a board having a "Above average" nic from different companies.

Also, as a killer nic user, i have never encountered any kind of problem, as some mentioned above. It's funny that people circlejerk about a nic for few reports made by retarded users.

so it has even come to the point where people go full-retard because of a board having a "Above average" nic from different companies.

Also, as a killer nic user, i have never encountered any kind of problem, as some mentioned above. It's funny that people circlejerk about a nic for few reports made by retarded users.

As someone who has ran several high high pop Minecraft servers for years and years, I wouldn't touch a Killer NIC from 1000m away with a uranium bullet anymore. They may be fine for pleb stuff, but is nothing like Intel for lots and lots of I/O all the time for months and months.

Well i am sure that the killer E2200 is alot better then the mostly used Realtek solutions.

However i do agree, that intel lan chips are better.