internet exploer help

So a few weeks ago me and my granddad found a computer with windoes xp on it  now MY PROBLEM is that its only internet browser is internet explorer andwhen I do something on it all it says is that (internet exeplorer can not display the webpage) what do I do as it is conected to the internet.

IF you need to ask me anything than reply

5 minutes ago, AnamethatIcantthink said:

So a few weeks ago me and my granddad found a computer with windoes xp on it  now MY PROBLEM is that its only internet browser is internet explorer andwhen I do something on it all it says is that (internet exeplorer can not display the webpage) what do I do as it is conected to the internet.

Download old FireFox to a USB drive:

https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/52.9.0esr/win32-sha1/en-US/

If it doesn't work use the Portable version:

https://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox-portable-legacy-52

Then install it from the USB drive.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

InterNut Exploder is a sorry excuse for a browser, as is its younger sibling, Edge. You might try downloading Firefox or some other browser to a USB flash drive and install it from the flash drive to see if it works better. Also consider that many web pages today are much more complex.

What this means is that older processors will take more time to load and may possibly timeout assuming the site isn't responding, or the site may timeout assuming the machine isn't responding. Without more info on the machine specs, it does sort of sound like a speed issue, whether on the machine's part or the site's part.

There are some things you can do. I'm pretty sure it's impossible to activate a new install of Win XP these days (IF you even have the original installation software), but it is possible to clone the installation over to an SSD, which will run quite a bit faster and possibly help this problem.

Alternately, if the machine can run Windows 10, you can install Win10 (doesn't actually require activation, but will limit personalization features until activated).

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

7 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

Without more info on the machine specs, it does sort of sound like a speed issue, whether on the machine's part or the site's part.

A month ago i installed Windows XP on a system and had to go through setting it up myself.

The issue with internet explorer is that it doesn't support HTML5 so it just doesn't load pages.

Google.com may load with Explorer since Google has backwards compatibility support.

That's why you should use the FireFox version that i posted here,

It works no problem with XP and supports modern stuff like HTML 5.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

1 minute ago, Vishera said:

A month ago i installed Windows XP on a system and had to go through setting it up myself.

The issue with internet explorer is that it doesn't support HTML5 so it just doesn't load pages.

Google.com may load with Explorer since Google has backwards compatibility support.

That's why you should use the FireFox version that i posted here,

It works no problem with XP and supports modern stuff like HTML 5.

Good to know.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

thanks for the help I cant thry as It is left at my grandads house over 300 km away but when I next go I will try.