Rocksmith + close to release but pulls an adobe

StephanTW

Summary

Well in a move that hardly surprised anyone Ubisoft has mailed out to those who own rocksmith and/or rocksmith 2014 remastered, that after 8 years of no info and big desires from the community for an updated version, that they will make an new rocksmith, named rocksmith+.
well were is the hardly surprising bit i hear you say, well its in the fact it will not be a 1 time buy but will be subscription based system.

image.thumb.png.6aa4aae0c80d15941d143eef976565ec.png

Quotes

Save the date! rocksmith+ will be released on september 6th.

more qoutes will become available once somebody can translate their site.

My thoughts

This feels like a big slap in the face of the community, having to wait this long only to hear its a subscription based game.
On top of that they send out a very happy and cheery email that links to a page which is only in french, i think, even though their email is in english... what gives???

Sources

https://store.ubi.com/rocksmith-guitar-giveaway-contest?ucid=UCG-ID_154737&maltcode=ubisoftstore_convst_UCG_store___STORE__pulpt_OTH_&addinfo=

Edit 1: description
now changed to subscription XD

RAM 32 GB of Corsair DDR4 3200Mhz            MOTHERBOARD ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
CPU Ryzen 9 5950X             GPU dual r9 290's        COOLING custom water loop using EKWB blocks
STORAGE samsung 970 EVo plus 2Tb Nvme, Samsung 850 EVO 512GB, WD Red 1TB,  Seagate 4 TB and Seagate Exos X18 18TB

Psu Corsair AX1200i
MICROPHONE RODE NT1-A          HEADPHONES Massdrop & Sennheiser HD6xx
MIXER inkel mx-1100   peripherals Corsair k-95 (the og 18G keys one)  and a Corsair scimitar

37 minutes ago, StephanTW said:

This feels like a big slap in the face of the community, having to wait this long only to hear its a description based game.
On top of that they send out a very happy and cheery email that links to a page which is only in french, i think, even though their email is in english... what gives???

What? The giveaway page is available in English and basically every other language. Just manually edit the address.

https://store.ubi.com/us/rocksmith-guitar-giveaway-contest/?lang=en_US

And the general page as well:

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/game/rocksmith/plus

Description based game? You mean Zork? 😅

And a subscription based service doesn't need to be bad, if you get full access to the music and the arrangement with it. They advertise their library containing more than 7.000 songs which would be unfeaseable to sell with a permanent license. I think it's a little bit on the expensive side, especially for casual users (2 h per week), but not the worst deal.

image.png.04b3bdac4c6410e614c146e5d620d936.png

ubishit realised what a brilliant move it was to make trackmania2020 subscription based.

4 minutes ago, manikyath said:

ubishit realised what a brilliant move it was to make trackmania2020 subscription based.

If you consider this being something like Spotify with a lot less variety but the addition of the actual chords for guitar and bass, it makes more sense.

Also if account sharing would be possible - not that anybody would do that - this could be quite a cool thing to do with your band or a group of friends. But I guess Ubisoft will try their best to prevent this.

45 minutes ago, HenrySalayne said:

If you consider this being something like Spotify with a lot less variety but the addition of the actual chords for guitar and bass, it makes more sense.

Also if account sharing would be possible - not that anybody would do that - this could be quite a cool thing to do with your band or a group of friends. But I guess Ubisoft will try their best to prevent this.

As someone who plays an instrument that's boring to play without background music(bass) I have Rocksmith basically just for the background filler music at this point. It's a lot easier to sync the two audios together to me. While I use the hell out of Custom Forge and their song manager, depending on the song list of that 7000+ songs I could see this subscription being benefitial.

People are going to be angry about it being a subscription based game. However, the thing to keep in mind is the cost of each song. If you figure that if you went out and bought all the DLC you'd spend roughly $1200 on DLC songs. The base game comes with 55 songs, and a lot of the songs are right around $1 or $2 each. 7000 songs at $1 each is $7,000. No one here is going to play Rocksmith for 701 years to make the subscription cost more. This lets Ubi pay the royalties as they need to and gives the player a more cost effective way to get songs.

People are also ignoring that doing this Ubi is going away from paid DLC for this game.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

1 hour ago, HenrySalayne said:

And a subscription based service doesn't need to be bad, if you get full access to the music and the arrangement with it. They advertise their library containing more than 7.000 songs which would be unfeaseable to sell with a permanent license.

I suppose they could sell the game as a one time purchase for around $1000. 😛

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

This isn't really news because I'm pretty sure that they've clarified that it's going to be a subscription model when they announced the game like a year or two ago but it's good to have a release date.

Also, as IkeaGnome said, it's actually better to have a subscription plan for a game like this because otherwise the songs would have costed far too much money.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

2 hours ago, HenrySalayne said:

What? The giveaway page is available in English and basically every other language. Just manually edit the address.

ow, well i tried to go to the english site, without editing the url, and then went to the give away and i kept swapping to french, still weird that the email link was the french link though when the email is in english and i am not set to french on ubisoft.

2 hours ago, HenrySalayne said:

They advertise their library containing more than 7.000 songs which would be unfeaseable to sell with a permanent license.

well this, the custom forge:

1 hour ago, IkeaGnome said:

While I use the hell out of Custom Forge and their song manager, depending on the song list of that 7000+ songs

and i might add a bunch of the custom  forge ones were better than the original ones from ubisoft.

but yeah i would have been way happier and might have actually gotten it if it started as a base game with X amount of songs in it and to then have a subscription based access to the other 6k+ songs.
For it being entirely subscription based it just makes me want to just declare the rocksmith franchise dead from my perspective.
It also loses a bunch of the potential new people as you still would need the midi cable to make it work, so its another cost for potential new customers, not to say that would not be the case with a set price but it makes more sense.

RAM 32 GB of Corsair DDR4 3200Mhz            MOTHERBOARD ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
CPU Ryzen 9 5950X             GPU dual r9 290's        COOLING custom water loop using EKWB blocks
STORAGE samsung 970 EVo plus 2Tb Nvme, Samsung 850 EVO 512GB, WD Red 1TB,  Seagate 4 TB and Seagate Exos X18 18TB

Psu Corsair AX1200i
MICROPHONE RODE NT1-A          HEADPHONES Massdrop & Sennheiser HD6xx
MIXER inkel mx-1100   peripherals Corsair k-95 (the og 18G keys one)  and a Corsair scimitar

Tbh it's not surprising that a game like this is subrscription based. Each and every song requires them to own a license which has to be renewed continually.

Otherwise things end up like with older Guitar Hero and Rock Band games, where songs you already bought will be removed from your game because the game studio doesn't have the license anymore. And these licenses won't be renewed because these games don't have any noteworthy revenue anymore.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

18 hours ago, StephanTW said:

This feels like a big slap in the face of the community

Ubisoft

why is anyone surprised?

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

You will own nothing and you will be happy.

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler