Stream Deck XL glictches and slow laggy

Just wondering what the issue is with the stream deck xl. used to work fine but its started lagging and glitching significantly. can't use the back arrow except on the software for some reason. Tried uninstall and reinstall, changing profiles after backup ect.

1 hour ago, JoshuaRossChristie said:

Just wondering what the issue is with the stream deck xl. used to work fine but its started lagging and glitching significantly. can't use the back arrow except on the software for some reason. Tried uninstall and reinstall, changing profiles after backup ect.

It’s a full on PC, so there’s bios and background apps to look at.  I’m not very familiar with the steamOS distro.  I don’t even know what shell it has.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

19 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

It’s a full on PC, so there’s bios and background apps to look at.  I’m not very familiar with the steamOS distro.  I don’t even know what shell it has.

he said stream deck not steam deck 

if you want a reply you need to quote or @me 

not got any specific solutions but have you tried unplugging as many things as possible from usb ports and making sure it is on a separate usb controller. as the usb controller may be experiencing bandwidth issues 

1 hour ago, JoshuaRossChristie said:

42 minutes ago, adiack said:

Ah.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

50 minutes ago, adiack said:

49 minutes ago, adiack said:

not got any specific solutions but have you tried unplugging as many things as possible from usb ports and making sure it is on a separate usb controller. as the usb controller may be experiencing bandwidth issues 

by chance its my system?

MSI GF 75 Thin

Device name    DESKTOP-2995T5C
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz   2.59 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable)

2 minutes ago, JoshuaRossChristie said:

by chance its my system?

MSI GF 75 Thin

Device name    DESKTOP-2995T5C
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz   2.59 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable)

unless you find your computer laggy in general i would say no the only cause i can think of is a lack of usb bandwidth 

6 minutes ago, adiack said:

unless you find your computer laggy in general i would say no the only cause i can think of is a lack of usb bandwidth 

It seems more glitchey than laggy tho. Soo I couldn't see that...

Just now, JoshuaRossChristie said:

It seems more glitchey than laggy tho. Soo I couldn't see that...

I'm gonna reach out to elgato and see what they say.