Fractal Design Pop Mini Solid !

thrasher_565

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm how dose air get in????

this might be the new king for crap airflow...or no airflow... even the nzxt NZXT H510 is better or Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L...

why Fractal...

https://www.fractal-design.com/products/cases/pop/pop-mini-silent/black-tg-clear/

Pop_Mini_Silent_Black_TGC_1-Left-Front-1

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

10 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

Osmosis 😄

AMD R9 5900X | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, T30,TL-C12 Pro
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1496 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

12 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

this might be the new king for crap airflow...or no airflow... even the nzxt NZXT H510 is better or Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L...

why Fractal...

https://www.fractal-design.com/products/cases/pop/pop-mini-silent/black-tg-clear/

Pop_Mini_Silent_Black_TGC_1-Left-Front-1

The other side of the front has mesh i think.
So, there's worse case out there.
https://www.fractal-design.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/Pop-Silent-Compartment-V2.m4v

PopMiniSilentVis_KV3_2560.png

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

who asking for these case??? i just dont get it. its worse the the nzxt 510 as its has no top fan...

what would you even put in it? gt 710 and a 6600??? i dont no they lost there marbles on this one.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

GamersNexus said in their review there were over 20-30 SKUs. Cyan, Blue, Orange, Black, the list went on and on. Then you have Air, XL, and Silent versions. So rest assured, there are better versions for airflow. I have a Fractal Pop XL Air, six Corsair LL120s and it works well for my PBO 5900X / RTX3060ti-8GB-OC.

This one is the 'Silent' version, which could still have the same topside mount for two fans that could be used as intakes. With one rear exhaust, it might be suitable for lower-power builds with an iGPU. But believe me, airflow is not a problem with the Pop Air and Pop XL Air. My 5900X runs 10-15C cooler than it did in the Corsair 4000X it was in.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

14 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

GamersNexus said in their review there were over 20-30 SKUs. Cyan, Blue, Orange, Black, the list went on and on. Then you have Air, XL, and Silent versions. So rest assured, there are better versions for airflow. I have a Fractal Pop XL Air, six Corsair LL120s and it works well for my PBO 5900X / RTX3060ti-8GB-OC.

This one is the 'Silent' version, which could still have the same topside mount for two fans that could be used as intakes. With one rear exhaust, it might be suitable for lower-power builds with an iGPU. But believe me, airflow is not a problem with the Pop Air and Pop XL Air. My 5900X runs 10-15C cooler than it did in the Corsair 4000X it was in.

nop top solid

are igpu loud?

Pop_Mini_Silent_Black_TGC_6-Front-Above-

Edited by thrasher_565

47 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

nop top solid

are igpu loud?

No, but CPU tower air coolers can be. And there are at least eleven Intel iGPU processors with 10-16 cores, eight of them 125W TDP. My guess is, that's the intended application here. mini-ITX / m.ATX board, iGPU, M.2, no extra storage. Just a workstation with a 450W PSU that wouldn't need a ton of airflow to cool. The right CPU cooler would simply be drawing air through the cooler to be blown out the back.

Also, you might want to scope out the GamersNexus review. There are two 5.25" bays behind that bottom panel. Removing the storage tray and leaving that hole open, even behind that magnetic cover panel, could give sufficient airflow for cooling. Everyone said my 4000X would fry my 5900X, and it didn't.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

Just now, ET_Explorer said:

Front computer case where fans are there is a air intake vent on rightside of the case

where airflow.jpg

i no that dose that look like air can get throw

19 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

No, but CPU tower air coolers can be. And there are at least eleven Intel iGPU processors with 10-16 cores, eight of them 125W TDP. My guess is, that's the intended application here. mini-ITX / m.ATX board, iGPU, M.2, no extra storage. Just a workstation with a 450W PSU that wouldn't need a ton of airflow to cool. The right CPU cooler would simply be drawing air through the cooler to be blown out the back.

ya you would need a bigger cooler just to cool it to compensate for the lack of air.

Don't judge a book by its cover, y'all. I'm not going to disassemble my case to fully illustrate this, but I have some pics showing what I believe would be enough to quash the aquarium camp. Those side-draft intakes offer about the same draft area as my previous Corsair 4000X, which you'll remember air-cooled a 5900X running PBO quite well.

I doubt it would be necessary, but if you needed additional airflow, this whole front shell installs as a unit, top to bottom. The ODD bezel is a separate piece that installs behind it. I think it can be omitted, if not using the ODD bay.

I like this case. It has some advantages over the 4000X. I can tell you that the chassis is pretty open down the front regardless of what covers it. Below are shots of my XL Air. With the ODD bay storage tray removed, there's already a slight gap to draw air through even with the lower cover installed. So, removing that tray and the ODD bay bezel should leave a nice little gap there for even more airflow, outlined in yellow on the third image.

image.thumb.png.db027bbb7208b62fc94312b301839fb7.png

image.png.a08964f9a07250aa503f06abcf2decf0.png

image.thumb.png.fc75644d96d3650e98635d417c40e18e.png

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

19 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

I'm not going to disassemble my case to fully illustrate this, but I'd be willing to bet those offset air intakes have small ducts feeding the fans, and my 4000X Corsair air-cooled a 5900X running PBO with about the same intake area. But if you needed additional airflow, this whole front shell installs as a unit, top to bottom. The section around the ODD bay hides the screws that hold the ODD bay bezel behind it in place.

I can tell you that the chassis is pretty open down the front regardless of what covers it. Below are shots of the front of my XL Air as built, and a shot of the ODD bay with the storage tray removed. There's already a slight gap to draw air through there. So, with that tray removed, and leaving off the ODD bay bezel, even with a solid front, there should be a nice little gap there for even more airflow. I've also attached a shot from underneath showing how much of a gap would be created by removing the ODD bay bezel, though I really don't think it would be necessary.

image.thumb.png.db027bbb7208b62fc94312b301839fb7.png

I'm pretty sure the bezel behind the front shell can be left out if not using the ODD bay.

image.png.a08964f9a07250aa503f06abcf2decf0.png

And the yellow outlines the area that would be able to draw more air in to supplement the aforementioned offset intakes.

image.thumb.png.fc75644d96d3650e98635d417c40e18e.png

so your saying remove the front tray cover and rip out that front bottom thing to get air flow??? ok.... that's not going to be an eye sore.

why not just remove the front panel completely. 

grate can fit up to a 380mm gpu but you wont because your thermal throttle.

Edited by thrasher_565

17 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

so your saying remove the front tray cover and rip out that front bottom thing to get air flow??? ok.... that's not going to be an eye sore.

why not just remove the front panel completely. 

grate can fit up to a 380mm gos but you wont because your thermal throttle.

There are two panels there, the front panel shell installs over the ODD bezel trim, so I don't see a reason the front shell can't install without the ODD bezel.

I get the hang-up about airflow, I do. But I'm telling you, you don't need air intakes the size of the Holland Tunnel to feed a 57 cubic foot per minute tower air cooler. My 4000X proved that. An of course no one is going to put a 380 on the front of the Silent version. Your logic is like judging all new Chevrolet Camaros built by the POS base EcoTec 4 cylinder.

You're like a dog with a bone about this, and you're forgetting one thing. No one is going to use this version for a gaming build, they'll use the Air or XL Air, which is the one I've shown. The Silent will be just fine for basic workstations with minimal heat output.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

This is the point I'm trying to make here... This case is about 2 feet long, 2 feet high, and a bit less than a foot wide. Calculators show that exhausting this case's entire inner air volume in one minute, takes just 5 cubic feet per minute of airflow.

637572813_PopXLAirCFMRequirement.thumb.png.1326bd1d85a31b7196d422233910b0ef.png

Those side draft intakes look to be about 2" x 20", or 40 square inches. This calculator shows that even with that relative small intake area, a quarter-mile per hour of windspeed can deliver three times the required volume. So it's perfectly fine.

947647406_15CFMfrom2x20.thumb.png.fc84e446a9f514b51c3aa42f09a2b978.png

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

2 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

This is the point I'm trying to make here... This case is about 2 feet long, 2 feet high, and a bit less than a foot wide. Calculators show that exhausting this case's entire inner air volume in one minute, will take perhaps 5 cubic feet per minute of airflow.

637572813_PopXLAirCFMRequirement.thumb.png.1326bd1d85a31b7196d422233910b0ef.png

Those side draft intakes look to be about 2" x 20", or 40 square inches. This calculator shows that even with that relative small intake area, a quarter-mile per hour of windspeed can deliver three times the required volume. So it's perfectly fine.

947647406_15CFMfrom2x20.thumb.png.fc84e446a9f514b51c3aa42f09a2b978.png

ya but the side is not a hole it has mesh on it and probably behind that more mesh... if it was just a gaping hole it be fine not grate but fine.  its good that the fan is not right up agents the front panel so there that but still your going to get maybe 50% of there air thow it.  there are ways of building a solid looking case but with air flow they just need to do some thinking about it. they proved they no about air flow. i get it want more air buy the air pop. i dont like the air pop but at least it has airflow.

who need a 5.25 these days no one. people that like case like that probably dont care about 5.25 bay and it being magnetic... anyway i just thought they could do better. lian li has also been in the hot seat with me over the years too like the evo...

11 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

i get it want more air buy the air pop. i dont like the air pop but at least it has airflow.

So you're complaining about airflow, yet you don't like the Pop Air (same case, different panels), which will give you the airflow. Then you seem fixated on the Pop Silent. Seems like you like the look of a solid, understated case, but then complain about the airflow, and you really can't have it both ways. Solid panels are going to give up airlfow for looks. You only need enough airflow to displace the case's volume over a minute. Simple calculators show that requires about 5 cfm, and airflow calculators show the side-draft intakes are capable of doing so. So what is the problem?

11 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

who need a 5.25 these days no one. people that like case like that probably dont care about 5.25 bay

image.png.ba0baa60fd1505e163a95978b5589796.png

You were saying?

Au contraire, mon frere. That 5.25" bay was a major deciding factor in my purchasing this case, BECAUSE I could put an ODD in it.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

23 hours ago, An0maly_76 said:

That 5.25" bay was a major deciding factor in my purchasing

I do agree 5.25 bay has their uses, but they quite niche for most consumers nowadays 

Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Audio: beyerdynamic DT 900 Pro X + iFi ZEN Air DAC + Razer Seiren Mini

I think it looks good.

AMD R9 5900X | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, T30,TL-C12 Pro
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1496 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's