Anybody know of a 4x2 hdmi matrix switch capable of 48Gbps?

LCpro
Go to solution Solved by dilpickle,

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1660468-REG/avpro_edge_ac_mx_42x_40gbps_8k60_4x2_hdmi.html

I believe this is the first matrix switch with HDMI 2.1 but its "only" 40Gbps.

Be prepared for sticker shock before you click the link.

every device i can find does not support outputting full 48gbps to both outputs

I'm no HDMI expert, but my theory would be that HDMI might experience a sort of 'lane splitting' as PCIe does when under multiple device loads (x16 slows to x8 when other devices must share lanes), hence two outputs will  divide the signal.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

1 minute ago, An0maly_76 said:

I'm no HDMI expert, but my theory would be that HDMI might experience a sort of 'lane splitting' as PCIe does when under multiple device loads (x16 slows to x8 when other devices must share lanes), hence two outputs will  divide the signal.

that could make sense if it was splitting the signal, but what i am looking for would be switching full speed signals with no actual splitting of the signal

So to clarify, you're switching a single HDMI output between one display or the other? I wonder if that might be the same thing to the equipment. Like I said, just a theory, but worth considering. Example, I have a PCIe USB riser with six A and two C ports. 20Gbps, but at 10Gbps per three A and single C.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

6 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

So to clarify, you're switching a single HDMI output between one display or the other? I wonder if that might be the same thing to the equipment. Like I said, just a theory, but worth considering. Example, I have a PCIe USB riser with six A and two C ports. 20Gbps, but at 10Gbps per three A and single C.

that makes some sense, i think i found a work around by using splitters and 4x1 switches but it would be much harder to control

2 minutes ago, LCpro said:

that makes some sense, i think i found a work around by using splitters and 4x1 switches but it would be much harder to control

What a tangled web we weave... when first we practice to deceive. 🤣

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

2 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

What a tangled web we weave... when first we practice to deceive. 🤣

yeah, i would defiantly still like to have the simple solution