eGPU with Hub Switching

Budget: $2500 USD

Workloads: Video editing, Video capture, Audio transcribing, PDF creation, process mapping, MS Office productivity tools, multi-monitor (x4) outputting, and portable storage outputting (thumb drives)

Adobe Premiere, Acrobat, Otter, Ms Office, Visio

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Razer X Chroma

AMD Radeon Pro WX 9100

Black Box USB C 2 Port KVM

Rocketek USB 3.0 Switch

REI UHD 404 HDMI Matrix

Dell Docking

Lenovo Docking

Sabrent USB 3.0 External Docking

Seagate External Drive

Google Drive 

Blue Yeticaster

HP E221 x4

HP Elitebook Folio

Lenovo Thinkpad X390 Yoga

Goals:

1) Get two old laptops to project to any one monitor.

2) Hot switch monitor display modes between two laptops

3) Prepare for data consolidation. Initially to Google Drive

4) Build a NAS with Capture (video & audio)

I have a need to dual switch from work laptop & old personal laptops for when I’m not working. I’m trying to avoid unplugging them for various reasons. I currently can’t project any of them to the old monitors They were free from an older job. So, just trying to get the best use.

My video and audio editing are currently moving around from iOS and Android mobile devices to the cloud and is necessary when not at my desk. I currently use Google Drive to manage storage and I do have plans to build a NAS, but right now I’m just trying to get these laptops to project to my monitors.

What hodgepodge hardware am I missing to project these to the monitors?895BE849-1F5F-4BA5-99B4-DC2FECFE1187.thumb.jpeg.2245616e892455709127995b47f93ff5.jpeg3B09921C-00C9-4BD4-99AB-BF3885C32825.thumb.jpeg.e33c20baf0769f29564914bbf0cf4f06.jpeg

“Hub” can be a very specific term.  USB hubs are different from ethernet hubs.  An Ethernet hub was an antique thing that was basically replaced by switches long ago (though it’s still good for some very specific diagnostic things) I don’t know how a USB hub works or what it does other than it splits out USB.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I believe I’ve sorted out the signals from the video card to the monitors with minidp to dp. The laptop to the video card is where I still need this sorted out. At the moment none of my laptops have Lightning. I believe I need something to step up the signal.

With the hardware listed above I should be able to step up, but I haven’t been able to just yet. That’s why I am asking what is it that I am missing. Do I need to supply more details?

One last attempt. What component(s) am I missing to complete this setup? C6C33228-278E-4146-8A01-4AADBA8EA0BC.thumb.jpeg.dd09572e5909932fa0937a9f2542c314.jpeg