Trying to improve my cooling...

tinpanalley
1 hour ago, Dogzilla07 said:

DeepCool AK400 from Amazon should be fine at $45 canadian

https://www.amazon.ca/DeepCool-Performance-Cooler-Dynamic-Bearing/dp/B09PCWK7SP/

I just want to try to learn here...

1. What specs are you looking at in making that determination. Case size? CPU type? A specific minimum RPM? How important is cubic feet per minute?
2. Am I literally going to detach the stock heatsink and fan from the CPU and just stick a new one on top?

2 hours ago, tinpanalley said:

1. What specs are you looking at in making that determination. Case size? CPU type? A specific minimum RPM? How important is cubic feet per minute?

A good summation of what to look for is in  a Gamer’s Nexus review. 

2 hours ago, tinpanalley said:

2. Am I literally going to detach the stock heatsink and fan from the CPU and just stick a new one on top?

Don’t forget to clean off the old thermal paste & apply the new one 🙂.

You may also have specific DeepCool brackets/backplate to use with their cooler. It’ll all be in the instructions & YouTube videos, like these…

On 8/21/2022 at 4:27 AM, Dogzilla07 said:

A cheap ~10 eur fan hub would probably be the easiest/safest option, with which u can run all fans through the hub, and then the hub is connected to the main CPU fan header on the motherboard, and u can set a nice ~1200-1250RPM speed and voila, perfection.

Let me ask you... how would a hub differ from chaining? Is it purely jsut for cable management reasons?

On 8/21/2022 at 4:11 PM, Ralfi said:

A good summation of what to look for is in  a Gamer’s Nexus review. 

Thanks for these links, really helpful!
I'm looking at Noctua NH-D9L, ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSports, or the Deepcool AK620. (Unless those are total excess expenses for what I need). Any thoughts on those or others?

I'm currently idling at about 52C and when I run a game it peaks at about 82C. That's just the stock Ryzen 5 3600 fan and my one intake fan and the dead back fan obviously not working.

On 8/22/2022 at 6:12 PM, tinpanalley said:

Thanks for these links, really helpful!
I'm looking at Noctua NH-D9L, ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSports, or the Deepcool AK620. (Unless those are total excess expenses for what I need). Any thoughts on those or others?

I'm currently idling at about 52C and when I run a game it peaks at about 82C. That's just the stock Ryzen 5 3600 fan and my one intake fan and the dead back fan obviously not working.

I would have to say that all of these choices should do  the trick for you, but our AK620 is currently the best bang for your buck cooler that actually looks good. (my opinion might be bias here. hahah)

Received my fans and cooler.
Do I need some special product to remove the stock cpu fan and thermal paste? I imagine the cooler comes with its own.

On 8/29/2022 at 9:58 AM, DeepCool zer0 said:

I would have to say that all of these choices should do  the trick for you, but our AK620 is currently the best bang for your buck cooler that actually looks good. (my opinion might be bias here. hahah)

I may have to look at your cooler after all. I keep coming across posts by people online in lots of places about the esports duo not being able to be mounted properly on my same motherboard, a B450 Tomahawk Max. Any thoughts on this from your end with the AK620?

Never mind, it was clearly nothing more than people not understanding how to use a back plate.