Should I worry? Looks like rust on my Meshify 2 Compact

AltF4_345

The rust is only located near the locking mechanism of the panels (it is a toolless case). The rest of the case is completely rust free. Should I worry?

0B2EE1AC-1F60-416C-9536-2C47481E3604.jpeg

0650B366-9ABA-4FDE-8303-2EF9847CEE5E.jpeg

8 minutes ago, AltF4_345 said:

Should I worry?

No.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Are you sure it's rust? Maybe you were eating cheetos or something while on pc? Regardless since it's just a case I'm more than sure you should be alright

3 hours ago, Evie Struggles With Life said:

Are you sure it's rust? Maybe you were eating cheetos or something while on pc? Regardless since it's just a case I'm more than sure you should be alright

I’m not sure if it’s rust but I can’t think of anything else. My pc is very clean since I maintain it a lot, have never eaten near my computer and always wash hands before using it (after eating of course). I know it’s just a case, but I don’t know if the rust can spread or eat away the case, that’s what I’m worried about.

4 minutes ago, AltF4_345 said:

I’m not sure if it’s rust but I can’t think of anything else. My pc is very clean since I maintain it a lot, have never eaten near my computer and always wash hands before using it (after eating of course). I know it’s just a case, but I don’t know if the rust can spread or eat away the case, that’s what I’m worried about.

if it's rust it shouldn't really spread. as for the case only time will tell. personally would get a replacement if i could

12 minutes ago, Evie Struggles With Life said:

if it's rust it shouldn't really spread. as for the case only time will tell. personally would get a replacement if i could

Getting a replacement isn’t an option since where I am in order to buy a fractal case I need to import it which costs a lot money and the warranty is basically useless. What a shame, the rest of the case looks perfect. The case is 1 year old. I freaking love this case

To me it looks like a piece of cardboard or something.. are you near the coast?

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, 1x T30

Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14

Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3060/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770

Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

30 minutes ago, freeagent said:

To me it looks like a piece of cardboard or something.. are you near the coast?

Yes, the city where I live is on the coast and has a humid temperate climate. The photo doesn’t show it very well, but it looks like orange paint, but the case is not that color. 

15 minutes ago, Gorilla Warfare said:

It does appear to be rust.

Yeah and it triggers my ocd. Don’t want it to spread since I plan on using the case for years.