Need a Smidge of Advice on Overclocking i7-6820HK

So idk what I'm doing wrong here but I have an Alienware 15 R2 with the 6820HK, GTX 980M, and eGPU dock in case I want to go full insane mode. But every time I push up the voltage past .030 - .040v I get "Current/EDP Limit throttling" in XTU limiting my max all core OC to 4.1GHz undocked and 4.2GHz docked. I noticed that it tended to happen when it hit 52w power consumption so I'd like to know what I can do to push it more as I am genuinely curious how fast I can push this thing. In the same vein I'd also like to know how to OC my GPU by more than 135MHz as thats just how its locked in afterburner etc.

Download thottlestop, put in program files x86, open it, press turn on button and uncheck bd prochot, go into TPL and set pl1 pl2 and pp0 to 99999, shove all sliders to the right, clamp lock apply

Now just restart and pl should go away, btw you can overclock in throttlestop aswell, though it wont work with xtu

3 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Download thottlestop, put in program files x86, open it, press turn on button and uncheck bd prochot, go into TPL and set pl1 pl2 and pp0 to 99999, shove all sliders to the right, clamp lock apply

Now just restart and pl should go away, btw you can overclock in throttlestop aswell, though it wont work with xtu

Well power limit is not the issue. I even have it set in the BIOS to have an infinite power limit essentially, but this still happens as its not power limit throttling at all. However throttlestop is a good idea as I havent tried it yet on this machine.

5 minutes ago, Dimondminer11 said:

Well power limit is not the issue. I even have it set in the BIOS to have an infinite power limit essentially, but this still happens as its not power limit throttling at all. However throttlestop is a good idea as I havent tried it yet on this machine.

Whoops its current limit, in that case yeeting pp0 will get rid of the throttling, maybe see if current limit is an option in the bios

Just now, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Whoops its current limit, in that case yeeting pp0 will get rid of the throttling, maybe see if current limit is an option in the bios

No current limit option but if you could tell me how to yeet pp0 thatd be epic. I image a setting in throttlestop as well?

Just now, Dimondminer11 said:

No current limit option but if you could tell me how to yeet pp0 thatd be epic. I image a setting in throttlestop as well?

Yep just follow the instructions i gave above, though pl1 and pl2 can be ignored

Just now, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Yep just follow the instructions i gave above, though pl1 and pl2 can be ignored

Awesome I'll try that and update if I can surpass 4.1 undocked as I don't feel like grabbing my 2080Ti out of my rig rn to shove in the dock.

7 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

image.png.64d58cb939dbea66b7f9d0502682771c.pngSadly no...

Ok so interesting developments. After settings the PL1 & PL2 power limits in BIOS to 999999, under light load, it seems to be maintaining 4.1. The true test will be actually hitting it all core. Currently waiting for this slow AF SSHD to finish loading Windows.

So first it draws 65w for about 6 seconds then drops to 55w during a cinebench r15 render...