XMP is enabled but ram stuck at 2133mhz

I recently upgraded my ram from a 16gb Vengeance lpx 3200mhz kit to a 32gb Vengeance RGB Pro SL 3600mhz kit. I have xmp enabled but it says its running at only 2133mhz and idk how to fix it.

My build

Ryzen 3 3200g

B450 Aorus elite v2
32gb Vengeance RGB Pro SL 3600mhz

Evga XC 12gb 2060

2tb hdd

CX 750M

Welcome to the forums!!!

Have you tried to clear CMOS to allow the BIOS to run memory training with the new RAM kit?? This should be done whenever you swap RAM in/out. Clear CMOS and re-enable XMP in BIOS to see if you are getting 3200MHz.

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

14 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

Welcome to the forums!!!

Have you tried to clear CMOS to allow the BIOS to run memory training with the new RAM kit?? This should be done whenever you swap RAM in/out. Clear CMOS and re-enable XMP in BIOS to see if you are getting 3200MHz.

Thanks for the welcome.

I have just done so and I dont think it has changed

20220814_214326.jpg

6 minutes ago, JT_1324 said:

Thanks for the welcome.

I have just done so and I dont think it has changed

~Snipped~

Are you able to enable Profile1 to enable XMP? Save changes to BIOS and let it reboot. Check with CPUID to see if the memory is running at 3200MHz. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

Unfortunately the 3200g is zen+ and not zen 2 and often has a hard time running at speeds above 3200 especially. I would be surprised if this isn't just your motherboard booting at the default memory speed after it failed to boot at the xmp profile. I mean you can set it to the xmp profile but most motherboards will reset the ram to default after it fails to start with the xmp profile. 

31 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

Are you able to enable Profile1 to enable XMP? Save changes to BIOS and let it reboot. Check with CPUID to see if the memory is running at 3200MHz. 

I hardly know what im looking at when it comes to CPUID 😅

image.png.54fdf22fcff2d5024dd7a59c531f0c97.pngimage.png.bded50e824198c50f3f9c9b5e5c880f1.png

28 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Unfortunately the 3200g is zen+ and not zen 2 and often has a hard time running at speeds above 3200 especially. I would be surprised if this isn't just your motherboard booting at the default memory speed after it failed to boot at the xmp profile. I mean you can set it to the xmp profile but most motherboards will reset the ram to default after it fails to start with the xmp profile. 

So you are saying that my cpu could be limiting my memory speeds?

10 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

Perhaps the OP can try and update BIOS to help improve memory stability that often comes along with BIOS updates. I knowbot may not help with these earlier Zen architectures with the IMC being awful with XMP. 

Also, I've read Corsair Vengeance RAM is not the best pairing for XMP. 

I've been out of the loop for awhile now, but this I should have recalled to the best of my memory. 

11 hours ago, JT_1324 said:

So you are saying that my cpu could be limiting my memory speeds?

Absolutely. Used to own a r7 2700x the thing had a lot of ram stability issues even at 3200 it wasn't 100% stable. Keep in mind that the 3200g is also zen+ like the 2700x and suffers from less than optimal imc. Sure you could get 3200 mhz especially if you got a cpu with a better imc but 3600 on zen+ was basically impossible for the most part.