Macbook m1 or m2?

I need a laptop for my school and decided to buy a macbook but i do not know which version should I choose. My budget is no more than 1500$. In this price range i have few possibilties like the 2020 macbook air m1 256/512 gb, macbook air m2 2022 256gb or the pro versions. Can someone please tell me the difference between a pro/air and which macbook is worth buying?

Best value Macbook is M1 Air. It is plenty fast, reliable and most probably will continue serving you way past your school.

M2 Air is a bit better in most ways, and you pay a premium for that.

M2 Pro 13” is a special case for special people. A little bit extra battery, and can save a few minutes when someone builds a big project that already takes an hour work. So not for most people and most probably not you.

If your usage is internet and papers - 8GB RAM is most probably sufficient. If you think you might be running much more - 16GB.

If this is the only pc, you will most probably benefit from a larger storage like 512GB. You can always add external storage via USB.

In short, if this is the only pc and you are not sure what future holds (requirements), go for M1 Air 16GB 512GB as the best value.

However, it all depends on your expected usage.

Currently Apple has ‘back to school’ discounts.

It depends what you’re wanting to do. If you see yourself editing videos and photo get the M2, if not get the M1. 

11 hours ago, NikitaSch said:

I need a laptop for my school and decided to buy a macbook but i do not know which version should I choose. My budget is no more than 1500$. In this price range i have few possibilties like the 2020 macbook air m1 256/512 gb, macbook air m2 2022 256gb or the pro versions. Can someone please tell me the difference between a pro/air and which macbook is worth buying?

It depends on what you're doing, but the gist: if you'd appreciate more than 256GB of storage or want to stay under budget as much as possible, get the M1. If you'd rather have the latest tech and largest display, get the M2. Both are good systems, and it's just a matter of priorities.