ASUS ROG GX531GW Electronics Schematics

Hi!

Couple of months ago my zephyrus gx531gw just died while I was working on it. I took it to asus RMA but they wanted to change the whole motherboard for a new one, which costs more than a brand new laptop. Of course my warranty just ended 2 weeks before all that so that wasnt an option.

I then took the laptop to a service shop, they fixed the motherboard two times but every time something else broke on it. (The second time almost worked, laptop booted in to the bios at the shop, i took it home, plugged in, nothing just a quick flash of the carging LED.)

I brought it back a third time, they looked into it again, but could not repair it fully. Now the laptop powers on, keyboard is red, nothing on the screen, fans are blowing, and its restarting every 30 secs or so.

Thats when they told me that without an electronic schematics of the whole motherboard they cant do anything more than this.

So I came here in hope that someone might have these schematics that i could bring to the service shop. Hopefully they can do something about it after that because it was an expensive laptop and I have to use it for college too.

Im happy to hear any other option of saving this laptop from its absolut death if someone has some advice 🙂

Thanks a lot for your help!

Any fix you do to the mobo will be a stopgap at best. 

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

Manufacturers do not release PCB schematics (they should but they dont) and when they do its not for public. Good luck because you gonna need it.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Yes they should, but we all know why they doesnt release them, and yes sadly motherboard fixes arent permanent solutions.

I wrote here because somewhere i found a guy who linked another zephyrus' schematics, sadly not mine.

Chances are small but im trying. Meanwhile im thinking what other laptop should i buy if i have to leave this zephyrus