Best way to back up a Win 10 PC

_Omega_

Hello everyone,

to this day I dont really backup my PC. (The most important documents and pictures are in a cloud)

But i have some time right now and wanted to do the responsable thing and do a full backup of my PC.

Whats the best way to back up a Win10 PC? Is there an easy way to backup the PC onto HDDs and keeping those Backups up to date?

Thanks for any input 

There are several ways. It's always recommended that you have it backed up to an external device to have on hand for quick data recovery. But also that you have a copy additionally either on the cloud, or physically stored out of the locate the computer is, in the event of a house or office fire, flood, etc. As four recommended services to do that... I hand the hat off to another to answer the question with helpful detail.

There's a multitude of software solutions for making copies and performing backups. There is no one that is unanimously considered the best.

I liked FreeFileSync. It can backup to local storage (not ideal) and network attached storage. Can be automated to backup regularly. Costs nothing. Does have a bit of a learning curve but once you understand it its very powerful and simple.

If you want full system images as a backup I can't comment. It's been too long since I last did that. I think I used to use a program called Macrium Reflect but I don't know if it's still any good or free.

If you're a Linux user RSYNC is always an easy choice. It can technically be used on Windows too but that requires some unnecessary setup.

24 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

There's a multitude of software solutions for making copies and performing backups. There is no one that is unanimously considered the best.

I liked FreeFileSync. It can backup to local storage (not ideal) and network attached storage. Can be automated to backup regularly. Costs nothing. Does have a bit of a learning curve but once you understand it its very powerful and simple.

If you want full system images as a backup I can't comment. It's been too long since I last did that. I think I used to use a program called Macrium Reflect but I don't know if it's still any good or free.

If you're a Linux user RSYNC is always an easy choice. It can technically be used on Windows too but that requires some unnecessary setup.

Ill take a look at FreeFileSync, thank you

1 minute ago, _Omega_ said:

Ill take a look at FreeFileSync, thank you

It takes advantage of Windows built-in batch files (.bat) and Task Scheduler if you want to automate them. They provide instructions IIRC but if you need more help just comment on the forum.