LTT Store Complains about Backpack and Screwdriver Pricing

ToboRobot

If you need or want a backpack/screwdriver and are willing and able to pay the retail price.  Great buy one if you want.

If you need or want a backpack/screwdriver and feel that the product isn't good enough, too expensive, lacks warranty, or other issues... Feel free not to buy one right now.  But you also don't need to complain, whine, insult others or disparage people or LMG because of your feelings about consumer products like backpacks and screwdrivers.  Not buying stuff is totally fine, and you don't need to share your feelings about it.  You can find alternatives, or my suggestion would be to go back a better and cheaper product and bring it to market.

So in other words, you don’t want people to criticize or share their opinions about a company’s products because you personally like said company.

Stop humanizing companies. They’re not your friend. You mean virtually nothing whatsoever to them as a person aside from being a source of revenue.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

5 minutes ago, Roswell said:

So in other words, you don’t want people to criticize or share their opinions about a company’s products because you personally like said company.

Stop humanizing companies. They’re not your friend. You mean virtually nothing whatsoever to them as a person aside from being a source of revenue.

nice try but no.

if you dont own  said product. you should not be able to leave a comment on it .

but again nice try there ros..

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

4 minutes ago, Roswell said:

They’re not your friend. You mean virtually nothing whatsoever to them as a person aside from being a source of revenue.

By that logic, shouldn't people shut up or become a customer?

There is a difference between constructive criticism and complaining.

This is a business, not everyone has to buy it, and if you won't or can't that's ok.   But I am speaking about a sense of consumer entitlement that is very weird and not particularly nice.

20 minutes ago, dogwitch said:

nice try but no.

if you dont own  said product. you should not be able to leave a comment on it .

but again nice try there ros..

18 minutes ago, ToboRobot said:

By that logic, shouldn't people shut up or become a customer?

There is a difference between constructive criticism and complaining.

This is a business, not everyone has to buy it, and if you won't or can't that's ok.

Criticism is valued feedback. It gives said businesses insight on what may turn non customers into customers. This is like, business 101... Lol. 

The amount of mental gymnastics some of you guys go through to defend a business out of some weird misplaced empathy is truly stunning at times.

18 minutes ago, ToboRobot said:

But I am speaking about a sense of consumer entitlement that is very weird and not particularly nice.

Businesses don't have feelings, stop humanizing them.

ros. you are entitled.

again the core issue if feedback on said product. not rambling or complaint on a product you dont own or never bought.

but in your mind . it seems total ok to  complain on something you never owned/view/rented.

cheers mate and am done  with your comments on the subject.

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

38 minutes ago, Roswell said:

Criticism is valued feedback. It gives said businesses insight on what may turn non customers into customers. This is like, business 101... Lol. 

The amount of mental gymnastics some of you guys go through to defend a business out of some weird misplaced empathy is truly stunning at times.

Businesses don't have feelings, stop humanizing them.

There is a big difference in value between "your thing sucks and it's too expensive" and "your product would be improved with feature/material X, or changing the value proposition".  Again, Porsche doesn't care that I can't afford a 911, and isn't going to listen to my suggestions, because they listen to the customers that buy 911s".

I think your mental gymnastics are stunning.

I'm not humanizing them, perhaps you are?  If you want to be a customer, cool, if not cool.  They aren't your friend, they don't you the product YOU want at the price YOU think is fair. 

if people wanna complain about a company, let them complain. 

if the company dont like it, they can do something about it.

theres no point getting involved if your in neither boat...

18 minutes ago, dogwitch said:

it seems total ok to  complain on something you never owned/view/rented.

Yes, welcome to the world of free speech and freedom of expression. I'm entitled to say whatever I want about products.

6 minutes ago, ToboRobot said:

There is a big difference in value between "your thing sucks and it's too expensive" and "your product would be improved with feature/material X, or changing the value proposition". 

No there isn't. They're both valid forms of criticism. However, one is much harsher in tone than the other, which brings us to your next statement...:

7 minutes ago, ToboRobot said:

I'm not humanizing them

Your words say otherwise.

41 minutes ago, dogwitch said:

ros. you are entitled.

again the core issue if feedback on said product. not rambling or complaint on a product you dont own or never bought.

but in your mind . it seems total ok to  complain on something you never owned/view/rented.

cheers mate and am done  with your comments on the subject.

It is fine to criticize any other company for something being too expensive compared to another product, why should LTT store merch be any different?

By your logic only customers should be able to have any input, so the bias would be towards LTT fans buying merch because of the brand and they would probably be hesitant to have any constructive criticisms for the products.

27 minutes ago, ToboRobot said:

There is a big difference in value between "your thing sucks and it's too expensive" and "your product would be improved with feature/material X, or changing the value proposition".  Again, Porsche doesn't care that I can't afford a 911, and isn't going to listen to my suggestions, because they listen to the customers that buy 911s".

I think your mental gymnastics are stunning.

I'm not humanizing them, perhaps you are?  If you want to be a customer, cool, if not cool.  They aren't your friend, they don't you the product YOU want at the price YOU think is fair. 

IMO a company should listen to both the thing sucks and is too expensive, and a product could be improved with an added feature, as a company can do something about both price and features.

And it seems like people want to have some kind of parasocial relationship with LTT as if they think they're making a donation to Linus, instead of giving money to a multi-million dollar company.

7 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

It is fine to criticize any other company for something being too expensive compared to another product, why should LTT store merch be any different?

By your logic only customers should be able to have any input, so the bias would be towards LTT fans buying merch because of the brand and they would probably be hesitant to have any constructive criticisms for the products.

IMO a company should listen to both the thing sucks and is too expensive, and a product could be improved with an added feature, as a company can do something about both price and features.

And it seems like people want to have some kind of parasocial relationship with LTT as if they think they're making a donation to Linus, instead of giving money to a multi-million dollar company.

by you logic. i will go on Amazon and complain about batties i never used and clothes that i cannot wear!

are you ok with that type of spam feedback?

seems so!

to rose. free speech is gov. not  a company. 

2 hours ago, ToboRobot said:

Not buying stuff is totally fine, and you don't need to share your feelings about it

This is a very weird stance to have, I'm not allowed to tell people that I think a product is too expensive for what it is and they might be able to save money by getting something else?

Or that the expensive new product they want to get doesn't have a warranty? Maybe they don't watch the wan show and don't know about the situation and assume it does have a warranty.

40 minutes ago, dogwitch said:

If  you dont own  said product. you should not be able to leave a comment on it 

Yes you can. You can form opinions about a product without ever owning/using it. If i read 50 reviews about an item that all say that x is shit and then someone asks if they should buy said item, I should be allowed to say "well, x is shit on it".

2 minutes ago, dogwitch said:

by you logic. i will go on Amazon and complain about batties i never used and clothes that i cannot wear!

That is extremely disingenuous, no one is going to lttstore and leaving reviews on the backpack, people are just making comments about it on the forum and youtube comments. People should be allowed to express their concern without buying a product. 

Let's go to an extreme example: would you not warn someone would was about the buy that exploding gigabyte psu unless you owned it yourself?

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

6 minutes ago, Arika S said:

This is a very weird stance to have, I'm not allowed to tell people that I think a product is too expensive for what it is and they might be able to save money by getting something else?

Or that the expensive new product they want to get doesn't have a warranty? Maybe they don't watch the wan show and don't know about the situation and assume it does have a warranty.

Yes you can. You can form opinions about a product without ever owning/using it. If i read 50 reviews about an item that all say that x is shit and then someone asks if they should buy said item, I should be allowed to say "well, x is shit on it".

That is extremely disingenuous, no one is going to lttstore and leaving reviews on the backpack, people are just making comments about it on the forum and youtube comments. People should be allowed to express their concern without buying a product. 

Let's go to an extreme example: would you not warn someone would was about the buy that exploding gigabyte psu unless you owned it yourself?

got it . spam comments on a product. you will never own or purchase.(it like i am repeating myself.).

onto the other thing.

its on said ltt store feedback now.

so it really does seem you and 2 other endorse spam product feedback for items etc you dont own.

what you wont say to others. is you hate that type of feedback. when  you trying to research a product.

3 minutes ago, dogwitch said:

onto the other thing.

its on said ltt store feedback now.

Proof? I just read through all 22 reviews on lttstore and the most negative one at 3 stars is a verified purchase but was still positive, everyone else is praising it. 

4 minutes ago, dogwitch said:

spam comments on a product. you will never own or purchase.(it like i am repeating myself.).

So let me rephrase if you somehow (though I expect, deliberately) misinterpreted. 

That is extremely disingenuous, no one is going to lttstore and leaving negative reviews on the backpack without buying it, people are just making comments about it on the forum and youtube comments. People should be allowed to express their concern without buying a product. 

And the people that do are assholes, but leaving comments on the forum or other non-store platforms is perfectly fine.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

5 minutes ago, Arika S said:

Proof? I just read through all 22 reviews on lttstore and the most negative one at 3 stars is a verified purchase but was still positive, everyone else is praising it. 

So let me rephrase if you somehow (though I expect, deliberately) misinterpreted. 

That is extremely disingenuous, no one is going to lttstore and leaving negative reviews on the backpack without buying it, people are just making comments about it on the forum and youtube comments. People should be allowed to express their concern without buying a product. 

And the people that do are assholes, but leaving comments on the forum or other non-store platforms is perfectly fine.

it seems they removed the  spam feedback comments then.(i remember seeing them before)

i only every said about the feedback section.

re read my comments on this topic.

i never said anything about the forum etc.

dont point words i never said into my mouth.

32 minutes ago, dogwitch said:

are you ok with that type of spam feedback?

seems so!

to rose. free speech is gov. not  a company. 

If someone were to go onto the merch store and leave a negative review complaining the product sucks then they're being dishonest with a review.

The forum is not the LTT store so I think its fine for people to have criticisms on products if its not on the store.

1 minute ago, dogwitch said:

I only every said about the feedback section.

Not trying to say this as some kind of "gotcha" or insult, but I'm guessing English isn't your first language? Some of your comments are a bit iffy as to what point you're trying to make.  If so my apologies.

So just to clarify mine (and I assume your?) stance.

Making comments/complains about a product your dont own on the forum,  all good

Leaving complaints against a product on the store as a review for something you don't own, assholery.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

5 minutes ago, Arika S said:

Not trying to say this as some kind of "gotcha" or insult, but I'm guessing English isn't your first language? Some of your comments are a bit iffy as to what point you're trying to make.  If so my apologies.

So just to clarify mine (and I assume your?) stance.

Making comments/complains about a product your dont own on the forum,  all good

Leaving complaints against a product on the store as a review for something you don't own, assholery.

i post to a ton of sites online. context  can be different on those. So  some time context can get lost in my comments.

yes on stance ref. on both parts!

look how blade has badger me on the forum. i never once mention forum. (just product review part on product page)

48 minutes ago, dogwitch said:

look how blade has badger me on the forum. i never once mention forum. (just product review part on product page)

Well I didn't know people were posting comments on the store page, and I didn't understand the point people were making because no one was mentioning the store, just no one should criticize the product without buying it.

Although I wouldn't trust buying a product just by looking at reviews on the product page, for something pricey like a backpack or screwdriver I'd like to see someone test it and compare it to other products first.

1 hour ago, dogwitch said:

i never once mention forum. (just product review part on product page)

1 hour ago, dogwitch said:

i only every said about the feedback section.

i never said anything about the forum etc.

This is extremely disingenuous. The OP never mentioned leaving reviews on the store page and then you went ahead and quoted me (who also never mentioned anything about leaving reviews on the page) and started arguing.

Now you're moving goalposts since you realized you're on the losing end of an argument.

1 minute ago, Roswell said:

This is extremely disingenuous. The OP never mentioned leaving reviews on the store page and then you went ahead and quoted me (who also never mentioned anything about leaving reviews on the page) and started arguing.

Now you're moving goalposts since you realized you're on the losing end of an argument.

you quoted me 2 times in a reply. with tobo.

nice was not me goal post.  bad faith comments with you now. it seems. cheers and wont reply to you anymore.

1 minute ago, dogwitch said:

you quoted me 2 times in a reply. with tobo.

nice was not me goal post.  bad faith comments with you now. it seems. cheers and wont reply to you anymore.

I genuinely have no idea what you're trying to say anymore. There's clearly a language barrier.

I have no problem with people making educated criticisms, THOSE are useful. So for example if you say the backpack is to expensive and then show other similar packs that are comparable at less money then your criticism/opinion has some value to everyone else. If you say "I cant afford to buy one so its to expensive" then you are just a whining and it isnt for you. I had this conversation in one of the screwdriver threads, people would complain about the price but they never looked at a high end ratcheting screwdriver, they just linked some POS that was 12 bucks and say "see, they are way cheaper". Its like comparing a 2000 civic to a brand new Luxury car. Yes they are both fundamentally cars and get you from point a to point b but there are most definitely valid reasons people pay more for the luxury car. Products like the screwdriver or backpack are luxury cars that arent going to be for everyone, but so far it looks like plenty of people see the value in them.