Backpack delivery to EU

Nord1ing

Hello,

Is there any hope for more... resonable delivery to europe? Currently delivery+taxes add almoast +50% to backpack price 😞

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - Asrock AB350 ITX - 64GB DDR4-3600MHz - Geforce GTX 1080 - Samsung 960Pro - Monsterlabo's "The First" - Corsair SF450

Holy hell you weren't kidding $115 of taxes $61 and shipping $56. That takes this from expensive backpack to down right unaffordable. 

They should open a proxy store somewhere in eu, this would reduce costs and shipping, there stuff is great but is so expensive in the eu it is not worth buying. I am not paying over 400euros for backpack. Plus opening even a warehouse in eu would make them able to access sooo many new customers....

Just now, Pratham244200 said:

They should open a proxy store somewhere in eu, this would reduce costs and shipping, there stuff is great but is so expensive in the eu it is not worth buying. I am not paying over 400euros for backpack. Plus opening even a warehouse in eu would make them able to access sooo many new customers....

This would be great. I was also very excited for the backpack but 400€ (including currency conversion) is way to much.

When you pay for the taxes in the store, do they include the import vat when it comes here in my country?

1 hour ago, Medtron said:

When you pay for the taxes in the store, do they include the import vat when it comes here in my country?

Import tax: no

Product tax: yes

Damn…  ok thanks for the clarification. 

1 hour ago, Medtron said:

I don't know the country you are in but for me (France) I add to pay the local carrier the 20% VAT + 12% of import fees

I then asked the ltt support to refund me the previous 20% of taxes they collected with proof I payed it to the customs

for order more that 200$ shoppify should not collect the VAT for order to EU but they do

5 hours ago, Nord1ing said:

Hello,

Is there any hope for more... resonable delivery to europe? Currently delivery+taxes add almoast +50% to backpack price 😞

I dont understand you need a backpack? Why don't you buy one from your own country or another EU country?

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

1 hour ago, ouchie said:

Import tax: no

Product tax: yes

That's not entirly correct. If the LTT Store uses the new Import One Stop Shop (IOSS) regulation to ship to the EU (which they seem to do since it was 19% "Taxes" added to my order from Germany) taxes, aka "import VAT/GST", are already paid. I'd love to see some clarification on the official store website or during the order process, as I also was quite unsure if I need to pay "Einfuhrumsatzsteuer"/"Import VAT" on top of the "Taxes" in the Invoice agin, wich would have been quite a bummer.

What's left however is custom duties/tariffs, and those are, depending on the exact tariff number between 2.7-9.7% of the net price + shipping.

Edit: IOSS just applies under 150€ value, which is not the case with the backpack. So my theory does not work out anymore and I am again unsure why I paid the GST/VAT of 19% to LTTStore 😕

Edited by apropos

1 hour ago, DoctorNick said:

I dont understand you need a backpack? Why don't you buy one from your own country or another EU country?

Firstly, I want to support ltt.

Secondly, I want a quality one

If I just neded a generic backpack, I would buy on Aliexpress. Actualy, I bought one there 4 years ago, (not great, but still run ok for occasional trip use)

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - Asrock AB350 ITX - 64GB DDR4-3600MHz - Geforce GTX 1080 - Samsung 960Pro - Monsterlabo's "The First" - Corsair SF450

1 hour ago, apropos said:

That's not entirly correct. If the LTT Store uses the new Import One Stop Shop (IOSS) regulation to ship to the EU (which they seem to do since it was 19% "Taxes" added to my order from Germany) taxes, aka "import VAT/GST", are already paid. I'd love to see some clarification on the official store website or during the order process, as I also was quite unsure if I need to pay "Einfuhrumsatzsteuer"/"Import VAT" on top of the "Taxes" in the Invoice agin, wich would have been quite a bummer.

What's left however is custom duties/tariffs, and those are, depending on the exact tariff number between 2.7-9.7% of the net price + shipping.

Edit: IOSS just applies under 150€ value, which is not the case with the backpack. So my theory does not work out anymore and I am again unsure why I paid the GST/VAT of 19% to LTTStore 😕

I know nothing about the IOSS stuff, but Nick did say that: "You shouldn't be charged VAT at delivery."

That is why I am saying that there is no product VAT and only import tax.

Thank you for the link to the post. 

I think there will be an issue with the backpacks, because IOOS does not work anymore with goods valued over 150€ per item (I don't think lttstore had such expensive single items in store before). As it does not seem possible to split the payment of VAT + customs duties between the selling and the receiving party. Let's see what happens in September 😄

I didn't buy the backpack, and I'm not going to because the price is ridiculous, but I can attest to the TAX charges, when I bought something else earlier this year (smaller item, still percentage overpaid massively but absolute cost was manageable), the taxes I was charged matches the VAT for Denmark which is set at 25%, and I was not charged VAT by the Danish customs, it just went through (and I also didn't have to pay the import fee that goes along with it, which is like $22 USD all on its own)

However, this isn't very clear if you aren't already very familiar with the difference terminology for the different things that need to be paid. Because if you go here: https://www.lttstore.com/pages/customs-duty-fees it says the customer is responsible for customs and duty fees, and although VAT is not that, to most people it probably all means the same thing.

Still, $250 is already very pricey, but in Europe it's a $350-400 backpack depending on your local tax rates and duties. Until there's an EU warehouse so we can skip the VAT at least that's just way too much for a backpack that is still basically just a black fabric backpack.

As soon as all the EU companies open a store in Canada to keep shipping costs down, seriously all these EU assholes review bombing the store can go to hell.

Everything I've ever purchased from an EU country has had insane shipping costs. Looking at things like bookshelf speakers, added 100s$ to shipping to Canada. Why do you think you're justified in giving a 1/5 stars on a product you didn't buy?

5 minutes ago, Aluminumhaste said:

As soon as all the EU companies open a store in Canada to keep shipping costs down, seriously all these EU assholes review bombing the store can go to hell.

Everything I've ever purchased from an EU country has had insane shipping costs. Looking at things like bookshelf speakers, added 100s$ to shipping to Canada. Why do you think you're justified in giving a 1/5 stars on a product you didn't buy?

The fact that you can write a review for a product you haven't purchased means the reviews are pretty much completely useless anyway, regardless if it's good or bad reviews.

There's just as many 5-star "looking forward to it" or "balancing out" reviews from people who also haven't touched it. Right now people are using the reviews on that page as a freaking comment section, there's no value to be had in these reviews at all outside of the first few pages which I assume are early testers. Everyone trying to fix the score are just adding to the problem.

24 minutes ago, Aluminumhaste said:

You can say the same thing about US a-holes review bombing EU stores. People are not happy with expensive shipping to EU, and rightfully so. It seems that LTT didn't aknowledge their EU customers and left them hanging out to dry. 

What else should they do? If you get something overseas shipping is ALWAYS expensive and import fees are always high. That has been the case for their waterbottles and about every other small store that doesn't have a warehouse in the EU.

Or should LTT open a warehouse in the EU, get staff there, instead of shipping backpacks to Canada only also ship to the EU and then sell it there for the same VAT you are paying now, only to bring down shipping down a 40 bucks on the backpacks they intend to sell? Do the math.

Same for Japan too. Would have really loved to have one. Maybe one day when I've won the lottery or maybe move to Canada.

Or maybe then can ship directly from the warehouse in China. For those of us in Oceania /Asia that would be a huge savings on shipping. 

I'm betting this will be addressed on wan show this week so let's see what happens eh?

44 minutes ago, Aluminumhaste said:

Assholes live all over the world in every country. Are you sure there's also not an Australian or Brazilian amongst them who also might not like shipping and import tax?

In either way it's weird that LTT store even allows people to "review" products without ever verifying that they've bought them in the first place. For example that's why Metacritic is so irrelevant. Exactly the same thing.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

Setup: Zowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro - Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's - 

Current build on PCPartPicker

7 minutes ago, Brrrrrr said:

What else should they do? If you get something overseas shipping is ALWAYS expensive and import fees are always high. That has been the case for their waterbottles and about every other small store that doesn't have a warehouse in the EU.

Or should LTT open a warehouse in the EU, get staff there, instead of shipping backpacks to Canada only also ship to the EU and then sell it there for the same VAT you are paying now, only to bring down shipping down a 40 bucks on the 5000 backpacks they intend to sell? Do the math.

If I had a responce I would not ask the question.

At the same time, when I bought  bicycle Soma frame for 850€ in US, delivery+taxes was only 200€ to France.

Meanwhile in Singapore which is on the other side of the globe - USD 50 shipping, no tax. lol 
Maybe go complain to your government? 

3 minutes ago, crazzp said:

Meanwhile in Singapore which is on the other side of the globe - USD 50 shipping, no tax. lol 
Maybe go complain to your government? 

Taxes aren't a bad thing they can be progressive & positive instruments for society as whole. 

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Geforce RTX 3090 FE 

12 minutes ago, Nord1ing said:

If I had a responce I would not ask the question.

At the same time, when I bought  bicycle Soma frame for 850€ in US, delivery+taxes was only 200€ to France.

With a VAT rate of 20% in France 200 euro on 850 euro is already impossible. VAT was probably included in the 850 euro price. 200 was than the import fees and shipping.

Don't confuse VAT and import fees.

37 minutes ago, Emzijs said:

You can say the same thing about US a-holes review bombing EU stores. People are not happy with expensive shipping to EU, and rightfully so. It seems that LTT didn't aknowledge their EU customers and left them hanging out to dry. 

Right, so don't do it, grow up and understand that shipping stuff around the world is expensive, especially when it's bulky and takes up a lot of cargo room.