Need some measurements for the Corsair 380T's water cooling brackets

uzarnom

Hey All,

I currently have a Corsair 380T but and am finally getting some water cooling happening.

I have misplaced the watercooling brackets and need to get some replacements.

I've already contacted Corsair (and they have not gotten back to me). I'm going to fabricate it at my local makers space and would like some close up photos and measurements. I can trial and error it, but I do want to avoid.

Otherwise if anyone is selling those brackets I'm willing to buy.

Thanks.

Thanks.img_9991.jpg.172b52df7bcaad80aa3e0460b4c8ac6d.jpgimg_9997.jpg.8be6c232533a450aecabad1b81aa28d7.jpg

That’s a wild looking case. Those look like standard 120 mm fan holes if those are the brackets pictured.  Not sure.  Not sure what you mean by water cooling brackets.  Are those struts not strong enough to hold the radiator?

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

That’s a wild looking case. Those look like standard 120 mm fan holes if those are the brackets pictured.  Not sure.  Not sure what you mean by water cooling brackets.  Are those struts not strong enough to hold the radiator?

Yeah so those struts (circled in red) are removable and can support (assuming) a 120mm kit. I'm just after the measurements and a closeup of the shape because I want something close to the original.

Also thanks, the case is super awesome, they never should have discontinued it.

19 minutes ago, uzarnom said:

Yeah so those struts (circled in red) are removable and can support (assuming) a 120mm kit. I'm just after the measurements and a closeup of the shape because I want something close to the original.

Also thanks, the case is super awesome, they never should have discontinued it.

Re: case

agreed.  i kinda want one.  The whole “has a handle” thing is not something that is useful to me but I really like the swing out sides.

So those struts are what you don’t have then?

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

Re: case

agreed.  i kinda want one.  The whole “has a handle” thing is not something that is useful to me but I really like the swing out sides.

So those struts are what you don’t have then?

Yeah just missing those struts.

I'm normally quite organised but I cannot find them. really upsetting because Everything else is in a single labelled box.

Worse case, trial and error but I'll have to find find dremeal blades for metal.

1 hour ago, uzarnom said:

Yeah just missing those struts.

I'm normally quite organised but I cannot find them. really upsetting because Everything else is in a single labelled box.

Worse case, trial and error but I'll have to find find dremeal blades for metal.

Aha.  Ok.  3d printing isn’t a bad idea then, depending on how they attach.   As for measurements those are the holes for standard 120mm fans and they’re all the same so for distance apart just look at one of those for the horizontal measurement and your case for the connection ends.  It looks like some sort of slot or something.  The issue there is if it’s too narrow 3d printing will have strength issues.  It might anyway.  It might be the Better part of valor to change the design so it’s one bracket not two, and just have two round holes in it for the fans.  Unless your 3d printer does steel(some do) in which case it doesn’t matter.  A lot of em are extrusion plastic though and design adjustments would have to be made.

Edited by Bombastinator

On 7/27/2022 at 10:04 PM, Bombastinator said:

Aha.  Ok.  3d printing isn’t a bad idea then, depending on how they attach.   As for measurements those are the holes for standard 120mm fans and they’re all the same so for distance apart just look at one of those for the horizontal measurement and your case for the connection ends.  It looks like some sort of slot or something.  The issue there is if it’s too narrow 3d printing will have strength issues.  It might anyway.  It might be the Better part of valor to change the design so it’s one bracket not two, and just have two round holes in it for the fans.  Unless your 3d printer does steel(some do) in which case it doesn’t matter.  A lot of em are extrusion plastic though and design adjustments would have to be made.

Sorry for the late reply, had some work in a town with not net.

That's a really good idea, I had dismissed 3d printing altogether, but as a single bracket it might work. 

I'll probably rough something out in paper or wood just to test the measurements.

Thanks for the idea 😄

3 hours ago, uzarnom said:

Sorry for the late reply, had some work in a town with not net.

That's a really good idea, I had dismissed 3d printing altogether, but as a single bracket it might work. 

I'll probably rough something out in paper or wood just to test the measurements.

Thanks for the idea 😄

If you’ve got something of paper or wood and it works why not just leave it there?  It’s not like it’s visible.

On 7/30/2022 at 3:41 AM, Bombastinator said:

If you’ve got something of paper or wood and it works why not just leave it there?  It’s not like it’s visible.

the plan was paper for a template, wood would be good but idk if it'll be thin enough for the space.

I'll give it a shot but i'm a little skeptical.