Call me crazy, but I miss my old Windows 8 phone

Meowth LVL255

I had the yellow model with the giant camera apparatus on the back. It was the best phone I ever used. Don't get me wrong, I did switch back to Android after 3 years because I wanted to pay Pokemon go and Windows phone had no Google play store or app support, but who's fault is that? It didn't even have a dedicated YouTube app. That being said, the office was an absolute monster. It could seemingly run anything I put on it (That was made for mobile at the time), the battery lasted forever because of the pixels that would turn themselves off when the color black was being displayed, and the super simplicity of the os. I did regret not buying one that wasn't from AT&T because I did and brought it to Metro. They locked my mobile hotspot because.. thanks AT&T. Every time I'd call and ask why I couldn't use my hotspot, I'd get "I dunno lol, it's working" as I imagine each employee I talked to had a set of eyes looking at different walls. 

The phone was an awesome experience aside from the fact that it was being shat on from so many different angles because it wasn't an iPhone or Samsung. On a side note, since then, I've seen more and more people shit all over windows because "forced updates"? Anyways, getting a little off. 

Bottom line, Windows 8 phone was awesome and I miss it. Shane they had to discontinue it because the masses wanted iPhones and Samsung Androids only.

People who never had WP don't know how good WP actually was.

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

I adored the hardware design of those Windows phones, especially The Nokia Lumia 1020. Idk if the cameras on those were anything good but they sure flaunted them like they were. Microsoft is terrible at marketing and knowing what people wanted. They had something great but, Microsoft doesn't know how to commit like Apple does.

Just now, Mo5 said:

People who never had WP don't know how good WP actually was.

I think you're right. My Android phone now while it has shake to turn on light and such features, Google play store, it feels slow and cheap compared to that monster I used to have. I've used the latest and greatest iPhones and Androids.. I don't see why they're hyped other than having access to a billion dead end apps and a few okay ones.

2 minutes ago, austin.paquette said:

I adored the hardware design of those Windows phones, especially The Nokia Lumia 1020. Idk if the cameras on those were anything good but they sure flaunted them like they were. Microsoft is terrible at marketing and knowing what people wanted. They had something great but, Microsoft doesn't know how to commit like Apple does.

The camera was amazing. I'd link you a pic from Twitter, but every time I scroll down too far, Twitter just warps back to the top.