have multiple devices output sound to one location?

TheModdedOmega

so I have been gifted the amazing opportunity to make a game room/office. I want to have consoles be on one side of the room and my PC be on the other, however I want the to be able to use the same headset for both, is it possible to centralize the sound into a single output?

another related question, is it possible to then have a switch or button to toggle speaker vs headphones? 

i dont really care about wires because I jave many ways to hide them.

You'll need an audio mixer for an equal number of stereo pairs to the number of consoles, plus another stereo pair for the PC's audio output. I imagine your headset will still have to wired or BT'd to the PC itself.  The mixer stereo out would then need to output to whatever amplifier / receiver goes to your speakers.

What can be an issue here is that some sources are on a different side of the room, making it confusing when gaming a certain distance from the speaker. In-ceiling speakers might be a good solution here, centrally placed.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

posbly having 2 Bluetooth transmitters one for pc and one for consoles and only turn one on at a time as i dont think blue tooth can connect to more then one thing?

but alot of tvs will have other audio outs too so....

for the consoles you can get audio out from hdmi

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

A basic audio mixer will do this for you. 

So long as it has a headphone out and a main out, you can send the main out to your speakers (powered speakers or amplifier then speakers) and leave the headphones plugged in all the time.  You simply turn the amp/speakers on when you want to use them.

https://www.amazon.com/Mackie-Mix-Mix8-8-Channel-Mixer/dp/B00ND1KGEI

Something like this will take 2 stereo inputs and if you have more consoles you can just get the next size up.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

-> Moved to Audio

A super cheap and probably rather low quality (not audio guy, so can't tell whether it would matter) is this thing for 3.5mm connections https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00HA11KFQ/ref=cm_cr_arp_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8

(if you can find one)

I've used it for years to switch between headphones and speakers.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv