Should I avoid buying used RAM?

Hi, I want to upgrade my RAM from 16GB to 32GB. I am currently using 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600MHz CL18 (2x8GB) and I have found a used set of the exact model for much cheaper than new. Is there any reason I should avoid buying used RAM? Does it degrade significantly over time? 

3 minutes ago, Leek Soup said:

Hi, I want to upgrade my RAM from 16GB to 32GB. I am currently using 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600MHz CL18 (2x8GB) and I have found a used set of the exact model for much cheaper than new. Is there any reason I should avoid buying used RAM? Does it degrade significantly over time? 

Generally ram just works until it is dead. If you can see it running or at least have a return option incase of DOA, I'd not hesitate.

4 minutes ago, Leek Soup said:

No reason to avoid, its actually straight up superior to new rams if you are looking at stuff like crucial 2666 bare pcb (4600+ c18 1.6v+)

You are likely to mix match your rams unless they have the same revision but should be fine for 3200 since its a pretty slow speed

RAM is among the most reliable components in your system - which is to say they they are the least likely to fail. It is so reliable in fact that most OEMs offer lifetime or limited lifetime warranties.

If you've found an exact match for the set you already have, I'd say go for it 🙂