Five Four Club

I have been wanting to change my wardrobe up for quite awhile, and Linus mentioned the five four club recently, so I decided to check it out. I went though the whole process, and am waiting to receive my first shipment. I do have some complaints though already. The website is not very well setup in my opinion. The only thing you can do is create an account and create your style profile without entering in payment information. You cannot change your style profile or even look at some examples of their clothes. It was only until after I paid that I was able to edit my style profile and see some examples of what I might get. I am curious to see what I receive this month, and I will keep this thread up to date when I do. 

Finally received my shipment. Consisted of some VERY nice tees, and a not so nice kinda cheap feeling cotton button up. In my honest opinion, it was not enough clothes to justify the price. I would rather shop at my local brick and mortars for clothes, as I feel like I get a bit of a better deal. That said customer service was very nice, and helped a lot. Through email that is, their online chat help leaves many things to be desired. 

Point of reference: I mostly shop at Van Heusen, Aeropostale, and Target. 

Email Transcript:

Hi Tyler!

We were notified that you wish to cancel your Five Four Club membership. Our primary goal at Five Four Club is to ensure the highest quality of customer service along with the best quality in clothing with the convenience of your own personal stylist. We would love for you to continue to be a part of our exclusive club and would like to extend a $15 discount for the upcoming month.

If you would like we can go ahead and give you a call at your earliest convenience! If not, please provide your billing zip code and we can process your cancelation for you. We also value any all comments we can get from our members, so if you could please give us any comments as to your cancelation, we would appreciate it!

Thanks,
Michelle

Service at Five Four Club

Hi Michelle,

I would indeed like to cancel my subscription with five-four. My billing
zip code is [ZIP HERE].
The clothing in my honest opinion is a bit overpriced. I also would prefer
to see what kind of things I am getting before I receive them. The button
down I got wasn't my style. The tees however were very soft and nice. for
60 dollars I would have liked to have seen maybe a pair of sunglasses some
boat shoes or another piece of clothing in the bag. Also your site is very
hard to navigate and confusing. I'll stick to my brick and mortar shops for
clothing.

• 4 weeks later...

Services like these are always going to be highly subjective, so I don't expect absolutely everyone to be happy with someone else's choices for them style-wise. 

I'm really glad you took the time to write about your experience for the rest of the community though.

Can we maybe see the clothes you're talking about? The ones you liked, the ones you didn't?

Services like these are always going to be highly subjective, so I don't expect absolutely everyone to be happy with someone else's choices for them style-wise. 

I'm really glad you took the time to write about your experience for the rest of the community though.

Can we maybe see the clothes you're talking about? The ones you liked, the ones you didn't?

I have just obtained secret footage of the op first test run of the clothes he got.  He seems to have buyers remorse.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

I have just obtained secret footage of the op first test run of the clothes he got.  He seems to have buyers remorse.

You are amazing. You made me cry.

I should be studying.

Can we maybe see the clothes you're talking about? The ones you liked, the ones you didn't

Yeah for some people this is a good option, me not really. I will go ahead and take some photos tomorrow and post them, as long as I don't forget.

Nothing beats shopping for clothes, as a guy, at the store. Clothes for us can really become a pain. This shirt fits but makes me look like this or this is my size shirt but looks like a crop top. 

For women.. They can order everything off the internet and have everything fit and look god. This has always bothered me haha. 

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

• 3 weeks later...

On the topic of the Five Four Club, I'm trying to get my head around their business model, maybe the OP or @LinusTech can answer:

Every month you get new clothes, presumably one or two sets. Eventually your wardrobe is going to be full, assuming you don't get rid of clothes willy-nilly. What happens when your closet is full? Can you put your membership on hold for a few months until you get rid of clothes? Do they have a buyback program?

I also ask partly because two-way shipping is pre-paid (according to the website). Do they always expect you to send clothing back, or is it just for user convenience?

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking