A 1500$ PC Build (Need suggestions!)

Prömetheus

Ok then! ill go with the i5 :D With the i7 i can't fit the peripherals :(

Well, don't worry about it mate, you can always upgrade later on as finances allow. The i5 4670K is usually chosen by most gamers anyway as not many games take advantage of many cores anyway. You should be fine. :D

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Here is my take on it, I left $170 for peripherals, I got you 1600mhz CL7 ram which is a bit faster than CL9 because it fits the color scheme and is on sale I think, and made it a Red/black color scheme. The R9 290 is proven to be almost as fast as the 290x in some recent benchmarks, so I put that in the build. If you want to you can change that for a 780. The case is really nice and silent optimized too, and looks amazing.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($209.99 @ Amazon)

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ OutletPC)

Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($134.99 @ NCIX US)

Memory: G.Skill Trident X 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($144.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($149.99 @ NCIX US)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.98 @ OutletPC)

Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 290 4GB TWIN FROZR Video Card ($423.98 @ Newegg)

Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($119.99 @ Best Buy)

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($64.98 @ Newegg)

Total: $1333.87

(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-25 11:44 EDT-0400)

Well, don't worry about it mate, you can always upgrade later on as finances allow. The i5 4670K is usually chosen by most gamers anyway as not many games take advantage of many cores anyway. You should be fine. :D

Yeah! i think i5 works well :D

"THE RED ARMY"

| INTEL i5 4690K | GIGABYTE Z97X GAMING 3 | XFX R9 390X | CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 4x2 8GB 1600Mhz | CORSAIR H80i | XFX XTR 650W | 1TB WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIAR BLUE | ADATA SP600 256GB | LOGITECH G502 | CORSAIR VENGEANCE 1400 | CORSAIR K70 MECHANICAL RED | NZXT S340 |

Also if i consider to use the A10 7850K i think it's okay i only use this rig for mostly gaming and light editing :)

Okay, but if you choose to upgrade to an Intel CPU later on you'll have to replace your whole Motherboard with an Intel one. Just something to keep in mind.

@Anthony10, good build, but I don't think that sacrificing storage space for a 250GB SSD is worth it in my opinion. Plus I chose the Western Digital HDD because they're proven to be much more reliable then Seagate HDD.

@Anthony10, good build, but I don't think that sacrificing storage space for a 250GB SSD is worth it in my opinion. Plus I chose the Western Digital HDD because they're proven to be much more reliable then Seagate HDD.

Again, opinions. It's in the budget to change things, so the OP can do what he want, I just hoped to give him a good starting point.

Again, opinions. It's in the budget to change things, so the OP can do what he want, I just hoped to give him a good starting point.

Hmm...okay. Understood. :D

*puts weapon back in pocket* :lol: :P (joking)

hear is another system 

total 1419$ leaveing space for  peripherals

Hmm, looks pretty decent. Just one question though, what's with the massive text, do you think the OP is blind? :P

hear is another system 

total 1419$ leaveing space for  peripherals

please don't do this setup.. it is so bad price/performance.. and the person who created it can't even spell..

Oh! I just remembered @Ciano, @Prometheus wants to keep the price lower to accommodate some peripherals. So I think that's a tad over what he actually wants to spend on the build.

please don't do this setup.. it is so bad price/performance

Agreed!

... and the person who created it can't even spell..

Haha, I LMBO at this. :P

Probably a tad harsh though. ;)

@Anthony10 im sorry for my dyslexia, I admit some parts aren't the best price to performance (case power supply exct... )but its  worth it if you hod on to them 

@Geekazoid i don't have an  expensive mouse or keyboard because i think there a waist of money but that's my opinion  

@Anthony10

@Geekazoid i don't have an  expensive mouse or keyboard because i think there a waist of money but that's my opinion

Agreed, but a lot of members on here seem to really want them.

@Anthony10 im sorry for my dyslexia, I admit some parts aren't the best price to performance (case power supply exct... )but its  worth it if you hod on to them 

Hello, sorry, I didn't know of your disability and I am sorry for insulting you, as it is not your fault. Usually that spelling indicates someone who is very young and that usually correlates with bad and inexperienced advice. I would like you to know I accidentally closed my web browser when typing this, so this is actually my second time writing this ;P.

You should try pcpartpicker.com for making parts list by the way. Click "bbcode markup" in the top right after picking your parts, then copy and paste that into a post.

As for the build:

GPU: even though I have that cooler on my GPU, the MSI twin frozr is a better cooler. EVGA is also releasing a 2x the vram for future 4k gaming gtx 780 for the same price, and if you buy a EVGA 780 right now, you will be able to trade it in for the 2x vram version when it comes out.

PSU: Yes quiet and high quality, but it is quite overkill. It will give them headroom for SLI/Crossfiring in the future though.

RAM: at this pricepoint, you really want to get 16gb of ram. Those RAM sticks are pretty over priced too, and you want to get 8gb sticks for upgrade ability in the future.

Motherboard: Overpriced, features for the price the person buying will most likely not use.

SSD: when you get to spending $100+ on a ssd, it is worth getting a higher quality and faster SSD for the extra money. The Samsung 840 EVO is much better for the price.

You should also have a 1TB hdd for bulk storage with a build.

Sorry again, hope I helped explain my point.

Hello, sorry, I didn't know of your disability and I am sorry for insulting you, as it is not your fault. Usually that spelling indicates someone who is very young and that usually correlates with bad and inexperienced advice. I would like you to know I accidentally closed my web browser when typing this, so this is actually my second time writing this ;P.

You should try pcpartpicker.com for making parts list by the way. Click "bbcode markup" in the top right after picking your parts, then copy and paste that into a post.

As for the build:

GPU: even thought I have that cooler on my GPU, the MSI twin frozr is a better cooler. EVGA is also releasing a 2x the vram for future 4k gaming gtx 780 for the same price, and if you buy a EVGA 780 right now, you will be able to trade it in for the 2x vram version when it comes out.

PSU: Yes quiet and high quality, but it is quite overkill. It will give them headroom for SLI/Crossfiring in the future though.

RAM: at this pricepoint, you really want to get 16gb of ram. Those RAM sticks are pretty over priced too, and you want to get 8gb sticks for upgrade ability in the future.

Motherboard: Overpriced, features for the price the person buying will most likely not use.

SSD: when you get to spending $100+ on a ssd, it is worth getting a higher quality and faster SSD for the extra money. The Samsung 840 EVO is much better for the price.

You should also have a 1TB hdd for bulk storage with a build.

Sorry again, hope I helped explain my point.

Good on ya mate! I think we were quick to pick on him, even jokingly. It makes you really wanna watch what you say I think.

no worries im not from the us so i don't know who is doing the best deals i just picked the cheapest product that i would personalty buy as i said it i dont know who dose it cheapest for that product i am relating to my  suppler and what is cheap there also pc parts are more expensive in Ireland so when i convert it  into euro it looks like a steal 

and don't worry about it you didn't insult me i just make it harder to read for every one i should be apologizing   :P

...and don't worry about it you didn't insult me i just make it harder to read for every one i should be apologizing   :P

Well...you try your best mate so I wouldn't worry about it. There are some people on here who are just lazy with their english when they can speak it really well. You on the other hand can't help it. I think you're doing a great job despite your condition. Good on ya! :D