Fury 8GB RAM DDR not loading on Asus Prime A320 K Motherboard

Hello there

Hoping to get some help please. I recently purchased a Hyper Fury 8GB DDR 4 Ram card for my computer. 

Everything I looked up online said this was compatible with my current Motherboard - Asus Prime A320K - however it dosnt seem to load.

Any advise on how to resolve this please.

Thanks

3 minutes ago, Chaosend said:

Hello there

Hoping to get some help please. I recently purchased a Hyper Fury 8GB DDR 4 Ram card for my computer. 

Everything I looked up online said this was compatible with my current Motherboard - Asus Prime A320K - however it dosnt seem to load.

Any advise on how to resolve this please.

Thanks

What cpu are you using?

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

5 minutes ago, alex.ausmus said:

Are you installing just that stick of RAM, or is there a different one in the second, third, or fourth slot with it?

The mb only got two slots so slot A1 is the right one to install a single stick

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

There is currently a crucial 8Gb DDR4 in there.

And was told they would work together.

1 minute ago, Chaosend said:

There is currently a crucial 8Gb DDR4 in there.

That’s your issue. You can’t have two different speeds, and most of the time, brands of ram. All the sticks have to be the same speed, and same manufacturer. Technically you could, but all the times I have tried it was very problematic. You also want to make sure that the RAM is in the proper slots on the motherboard. Check the manual for details on what slots to use. That is, if there is four slots.

I just realized that your motherboard doesn’t have 4 slots so half of my reply was useless lol

4 minutes ago, Chaosend said:

What are the speeds of each stick?

14 minutes ago, Chaosend said:

Try putting in the HyperX fury stick first and turn on the pc, if it boots up. Shutdown and insert the crucial stick. If it doen't work. Check frequency on both sticks. Boot to BIOS on one stick and set the speed for the stick with the lowest frequency. Ie. if one stick is 3000hz and one is 3600 set 3000. You can also jus set default. 2133mhz.

FS in Denmark/EU:

13 minutes ago, alex.ausmus said:

That’s your issue. You can’t have two different speeds, and most of the time, brands of ram. All the sticks have to be the same speed, and same manufacturer. Technically you could, but all the times I have tried it was very problematic. You also want to make sure that the RAM is in the proper slots on the motherboard. Check the manual for details on what slots to use. That is, if there is four slots.

You can actually have different ram and different speeds. You just have to get the pc to boot at the right speed and timings.

FS in Denmark/EU:

Just now, DoctorNick said:

You can actually have different ram and different speeds. You just have to get the pc to boot at the right speed and timings.

I have tried it and it has worked but the CMOS always gets messed up and I have to reset it, then I can only run at the lowest speed. EX: 4GB 2400MHz + 4GB 3200MHz, all 8gb would run at 2400MHz. I just resulted in buying 16Gb 3600 MHz because i didn’t want 2400MHz

Just now, alex.ausmus said:

I have tried it and it has worked but the CMOS always gets messed up and I have to reset it, then I can only run at the lowest speed. EX: 4GB 2400MHz + 4GB 3200MHz, all 8gb would run at 2400MHz. I just resulted in buying 16Gb 3600 MHz because i didn’t want 2400MHz

True, you just have to set the lowest speed and maybe timings and dram voltage manually. You might also be able to find a middle ground where both sticks work. 

FS in Denmark/EU:

Looks like its mix match gone wrong

Show a pic of the crucial 8gb? Need to see the ics

Return that 8gb kingston, youll need to buy another 8gb crucial though used bare pcb crucial 8gb (2666) go for ~23$ off ebay

20 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Looks like its mix match gone wrong

Show a pic of the crucial 8gb? Need to see the ics

Return that 8gb kingston, youll need to buy another 8gb crucial though used bare pcb crucial 8gb (2666) go for ~23$ off ebay

20220708_095051.jpg

1 hour ago, Chaosend said:

20220708_095051.jpg

micron rev j, similar to rev e but abit better, capable of the same 4600+ c18/17 (~1.6v) as rev e

there are ebay listings with 8gb 2666 bin crucial for ~23$ but you may be able to buy locally. Make sure to ask for your ic (d9wsm) and now you have matched rams

Dont worry about lowbin as these ics are very capable, i suggest finding a profile for ballistix 3600 c14 oc online to just plug and play, you can tune them up to 3800-4200 c14 depending on your fclk if you want, but dont go over 1.5v w/o fan becuase these are temp sensitive ics, max 1.7v for the sake of the imc (these ics dont degrade from voltage)