Power issues

Wingfan

I turned my PC on today, nothing happened, red LED on GPU was on. First thought GPU fried. Opened up the case and noticed the 24 pin wasnt securely in. Everything except the GPU would come on, still red LED. Took GPU out and replaced with my old 1070. PC turns on, but the DP to my main monitor has no signal, just HDMI to a different monitor. 

Please help

Specs

R5 2600

Gigabyte X570

16GB RAM

EVGA 3070Ti (purchased a few months ago)

EVGA 750watt GT (purchased a few months ago)

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

ASUS MG279Q, Corsair Carbide 275R

Are you testing with a 1070 right now?  Occasionally after HW changes my 1080 and monitor stop speaking over DP. I fix this by plugging both HDMI and DP into the same monitor and GPU with HDMI as the main.  Once in windows, swap to DP with the button on the monitor, and it picks it back up.

2 minutes ago, alexjzim said:

Are you testing with a 1070 right now?  Occasionally after HW changes my 1080 and monitor stop speaking over DP. I fix this by plugging both HDMI and DP into the same monitor and GPU with HDMI as the main.  Once in windows, swap to DP with the button on the monitor, and it picks it back up.

Yes, the 1070 is in right now. Windows isnt detecting the monitor on DP. Monitor says no signal.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

is the DP and HDMI plugged into both the GPU and the same monitor? If you switch back to HDMI does it display? In HDMI mode if you go to your display settings in Windows, does it detect the DP as a second monitor?

If there is no hardware issue this is likely whats known as a "handshake" issue

4 minutes ago, alexjzim said:

is the DP and HDMI plugged into both the GPU and the same monitor? If you switch back to HDMI does it display? In HDMI mode if you go to your display settings in Windows, does it detect the DP as a second monitor?

If there is no hardware issue this is likely whats known as a "handshake" issue

Main monitor has both HDMI and DP plugged in. Im getting signal from the HDMI, not the DP. Its not detecting the DP in settings as a second.
Could the DP cable be bad? Ive had it for a few years.

its worth a shot to try a different cable. You should also disconnect power and display cables from the monitor and PC for 20-30mins and then try again. Sometimes DP is just finicky

EDIT: Also you can try to uninstall your nvidia drivers with the program DDU, and then reinstall the latest drivers. Perhaps you have config files for the other gpu messing with the current gpu

1 minute ago, alexjzim said:

its worth a shot to try a different cable. You should also disconnect power and display cables from the monitor and PC for 20-30mins and then try again. Sometimes DP is just finicky

Im going to buy another DP cable, any recommendations?

On 7/3/2022 at 2:26 PM, alexjzim said:

EDIT: Also you can try to uninstall your nvidia drivers with the program DDU, and then reinstall the latest drivers. Perhaps you have config files for the other gpu messing with the current gpu

Replaced the DP cable and all is good now

Thanks for the help 🙂