Google is Ending Forced Google+ Integration

EChondo

So...will they revert YouTube back?

Google has never reverted one of their decisions, ever. They'll probably just change the Youtube layout once more.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

I am going to call BS because I am a pessimist and don't want to get excited but....

How awesome would it be if they brought that back as well?

God no, the old UI is disgusting, especially on channels with modified colours like that. Eurgh.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Awww... I really liked and appreciated their push to unify their social products under G+ :/

Cheers,

Linus

God no, the old UI is disgusting, especially on channels with modified colours like that. Eurgh.

Personal preference I guess, lol. I just liked all the information that you could see, like who was subscribed, channel views, etc. I think that that layout would look great with a small facelift.

"No signature"

Yeeees! I hope we can go back to having our usernames on YT!

I told it I wanted to continue to use an alias and it let me /shrug

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

This is the single greatest piece of news I've read all week.

I am going to call BS because I am a pessimist and don't want to get excited but....

<picture of old, ugly Youtube>

How awesome would it be if they brought that back as well?

That layout looks disgusting.

As for the G+ integration, it hasn't bothered me at all. Anyone mind point out the downsides? The Youtube comments are better than ever. It used to just be 2 top comments (usually jokes) and arguments that went for pages. I find most of the comments now relevant to the video and not just trolling/arguing.

Am I the only one that actually didn't mind the Google+ integration? Yeah, YouTube is fucked up design wise but I liked the connection that you could get with comments and stuff with Google+.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Hmm, what will happen to Google Hangouts? Will it still be a thing? Will it still be worked on and updated?

Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3 | CPU: Intel Core i5 2500k OC'd @ 4.5ghz | GPU: MSI N680GTX Twin Frozr 2GD5/OC | RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) | SDD: 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | HDD: 3 Western Digital 1TB  Hard Drives | PSU:Corsair Professional AX750 ATX12V & EPS12V Power Supply | Case: Corsair Carbide Series 300R Black Mid-Tower

Thats great, but it is too late. The damage has been done. Unless they revert to the old youtube(which is highly unlikely), I'm still disappointed with Google's decision in forcing us to use G+. I'm usually a fan of Google's descisions, but forcing everyone to use G+ is one of the most disappointing things a tech company has done to their customers(worse than microsoft with Windows 8 IMO)

I agree but oh no way, calm down it's not as bad: At least google didn't charge you to upgrade to G+ unlike MS and their (hopefully old) model of "Update because fuck you, pay us"

-------

Current Rig

-------

Good news.

I stopped reviewing apps on Play store after they only allowed Google+ users to review.

:ph34r:

Hmm, what will happen to Google Hangouts? Will it still be a thing? Will it still be worked on and updated?

Since its Android integration, it'll be moved over to the Android umbrella. Hangouts is pretty awesome, I'm sure it'll stick around. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

i haven't commented on youtube for what seems like years !

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

YES!

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

I assume its optional, I want to keep mine. It let me change my commenting name to WiiManic which is nice, it was a reallllly old one before.

I actually really like G+, i with more of my friends would use it.....

I agree really, its a good social network it seems, but I can't get anyone on it.

Me and one mate use it to chat over, as the facebook chat is pretty crap as of late, and that is all I used facebook for, outside of event/group plans.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

Yeeees! I hope we can go back to having our usernames on YT!

You still it's just a process

I didn't do anything differently. Youtube felt the EXACT same to me.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I assume its optional, I want to keep mine. It let me change my commenting name to WiiManic which is nice, it was a reallllly old one before.

I agree really, its a good social network it seems, but I can't get anyone on it.

Me and one mate use it to chat over, as the facebook chat is pretty crap as of late, and that is all I used facebook for, outside of event/group plans.

Thankfully some of my friends use it, and we use hangouts all the time! screw skype :P