Is Ryzen 7 5800HS good for rendering and programming?

Hello there. I'm thinking about getting Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 GA401QC-BM206 laptop.

It has:

-AMD Ryzen 7 5800HS 8C/16T CPU

-Nvidia GeForce RTX 3050 4GB GDDR6 GPU

-8GB DDR4 3200 MHz Single channel RAM

-512 GB M2 SSD

-1920x1080 14" Monitor

Purpose: JavaScript programming, Video editing, 1080p60 video rendering, Photoshop and some video games(GTA V, World Of Warships, Red Dead Redemption 2 and Far Cry 6).

Is Ryzen 7 5800HS good for these tasks? Is 8GB memory enough or should i upgrade it after buying the laptop?

8G ram is not gonna cut it. As far as CPU goes, we supply the developers in the company with laptops with 5800H and nobody complained about them being inadequate and the developers we got here work in massive projects.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

9 minutes ago, jaslion said:

The 5800h is very good for your work but the main issue here is 8gb of ram that will not cut it at all.

The g14 is an excellent laptop and will do you good.

Thanks. I'm decided to get this laptop. I'm thinking about adding another 8GB stick to make the RAM 16GB.

Just now, Curesto said:

Thanks. I'm decided to get this laptop. I'm thinking about adding another 8GB stick to make the RAM 16GB.

Be warend this laptop isn't that simple. It has either 8 or 16gb soldered to the board and then a 1 add in slot. So if you get the 8gb version you are lacking dual channel which actually is a pretty big problem for ryzen. So I'd advice you either look for the 16gb model or immediatly order a second stick or you will experience a big drop in performance.

I have a 5800H, and while I haven't tried video editing on it, I don't see it being a problem. Especially if the editing software can also make use of GPU to help there. It's plenty good enough for gaming.

Do get the extra 8GB module. 8GB is usable but you'll likely find it limiting if you run much more than one thing at a time, and the extra bandwidth from going dual channel will also help overall.

Also consider adding another SSD to it, assuming there is somewhere for it to go. 512GB is ok to start with but just installing the games mentioned will take up a huge chunk of that.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible