does ntsc/pal still matter for digital camcorders?

I know that back when camcorderst recorded analogue video they could only record in the format they were made for so it could be a real problem but now since all camcorders are now digital wouldn't that not matter since the only difference between NTSC and PAL would be frame rate which camcorders can easily adjust since they can record 30 or 60 fps depending on resolution, do camcorders still only allow you to choose either NTSC or PAL frame rates because that seems like it would have no reason, I'm asking because I am buying a camcorder from abroad.

Thanks,

SOME cameras in PAL countries may be limited to 25p / 50p fps recording and not offer 60 fps  and may not have an option to record 30fps or 60 fps. 

It depends on the camera firmware and the policy of the camera manufacturer. 

I have a Sony camera and it defaults to 50p but I can choose 60p in the menu. 

It helps sometimes to record at 50p, if you're forced to film in a room that has LED or incandescent lightning that flickers with the AC frequency (50 Hz in 230v countries) . Or if you record at night with old style lightning (these days lots of places switched to LED lightning with high frequency power supplies that filter and smooth out the light output, so less or no flicker)

If you match the fps with the AC frequency, you can get better quality recording.

3 hours ago, mariushm said:

SOME cameras in PAL countries may be limited to 25p / 50p fps recording and not offer 60 fps  and may not have an option to record 30fps or 60 fps. 

It depends on the camera firmware and the policy of the camera manufacturer. 

I have a Sony camera and it defaults to 50p but I can choose 60p in the menu. 

It helps sometimes to record at 50p, if you're forced to film in a room that has LED or incandescent lightning that flickers with the AC frequency (50 Hz in 230v countries) . Or if you record at night with old style lightning (these days lots of places switched to LED lightning with high frequency power supplies that filter and smooth out the light output, so less or no flicker)

If you match the fps with the AC frequency, you can get better quality recording.

could you give me the model of your camcorder?

Well, sorry,  I double checked and it turns out my camera doesn't have 60p, I was wrong.

It's Sony HDR-CX410VE : https://www.sony.ro/electronics/support/memory-camcorders-hdr-cx-series/hdr-cx410ve/specifications

Does 25p , 50i, 50p (~24 mbps bitrate at 1080p) and 50p PS (~28 mbps bitrate)

Bought this one a few years ago because it allowed to mount lens, had extra mic inputs and has mechanical stabilization (besides optical stabilization)... didn't use it much unfortunately as I got busy with other things..