Guardians of the Galaxy crashing

Coldy_

So everytime I get to the second part where the character is a kid, after waiting for a few seconds. My AMD drivers pop up saying that there was a driver timeout detected. And for the first time this has happened it completely locked me out of Windows and then somehow corrupted the files of the game, which I had to reinstall. Now i figured out that if i just turn off the computer before that, nothing happens. But that doesn't let me play the game.

My GPU: Radeon RX580

MY CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 i think

I have the newest drivers.

1 hour ago, Coldy_ said:

So everytime I get to the second part where the character is a kid, after waiting for a few seconds. My AMD drivers pop up saying that there was a driver timeout detected. And for the first time this has happened it completely locked me out of Windows and then somehow corrupted the files of the game, which I had to reinstall. Now i figured out that if i just turn off the computer before that, nothing happens. But that doesn't let me play the game.

My GPU: Radeon RX580

MY CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 i think

I have the newest drivers.

So only this game or is it a problem in other games too?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

32 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

So only this game or is it a problem in other games too?

It's only this game

Have you tried reinstalling the game?  That can be problematic with video games as it has the potential to delete saved games.  Finding out what to back up is important.  It’s possible that the problem is IN the saved game file though. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.