what case should i pick?

Mister_duckles

hey there.

I selected a few cases and i dont know what case to pick from, if any of you guys have a better idea i would be glad to know.

corsair 4000d

corsair 4000x

nzxt h7 black normal/airflow

in the screenshot are my parts 🙂

i hope someone can help me 😄

Screenshot 2022-06-27 114811.png

I would pick the 4000D for airflow.
Also, you have a b660 mainboard and a K CPU. You cant overclock the CPU with that mainboard, so either get a different mainboard or a different CPU. Like that, you are wasteing money on the CPU

6 minutes ago, Devryd said:

Also, you have a b660 mainboard and a K CPU. You cant overclock the CPU with that mainboard, so either get a different mainboard or a different CPU. Like that, you are wasteing money on the CPU

i dont want to overklock

What are you doing with the system.?
If you dont have a use for the E-Cores, just get the 12400 instead

18 minutes ago, Devryd said:

The 12600k has more cache and E cores. The 12600 doesn’t. The 12600k actually makes sense to do with a b660 board over the 12600. As well as higher base clocks and ever so slightly boost clocks. For $30 it makes sense to do if nothing else for the low end efficiency

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

14 minutes ago, Devryd said:

What are you doing with the system.?
If you dont have a use for the E-Cores, just get the 12400 instead

im just gaming on it nothing specia;

the 12400 is about 100€ cheaper than the 12600k where I live. For that difference, you could get a higher end GPU. This would give you better performance for gaming

Fractal Design Torrent or Corsair 570X are the prettiest cases on the markets

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

25 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

The 12600k has more cache and E cores. The 12600 doesn’t. The 12600k actually makes sense to do with a b660 board over the 12600. As well as higher base clocks and ever so slightly boost clocks. For $30 it makes sense to do if nothing else for the low end efficiency

so do i keep my 12600k or do i get the 12400

If you have already bought everything except for the case then keep it. If you havent bought the CPU und GPU, I would get the 12400 and a 3070 instread of what you have chosen here

1 hour ago, Devryd said:

If you have already bought everything except for the case then keep it. If you havent bought the CPU und GPU, I would get the 12400 and a 3070 instread of what you have chosen here

but the 12600k has higher base clock and only 6 cores

the 12600k has 10

It has 4 efficiency cores. They wont help you while gaming.
If you do a lot of rendering or code compiling, they might make a difference.

You are rigth about the higher clock speeds. But they wont do as nearly much for you in gaming as a better GPU.

14 minutes ago, Devryd said:

You are rigth about the higher clock speeds. But they wont do as nearly much for you in gaming as a better GPU.

oke, considering i get the 12400 and 3070 it will have a 30% botlle nec

what do you mean by "30% bottle neck"? I have never heard that before

9 minutes ago, Devryd said:

what do you mean by "30% bottle neck"? I have never heard that before

search up bottlenec calculator and setup what we discussed 

28 minutes ago, Devryd said:

i am also gona do some video editing not much though

I dont know which games you play and not at which resolutions. There is no way for me to calculate that.

I can only tell you what I would do. Since it is your money, it is your decision in the end.

2 hours ago, Devryd said:

I can only tell you what I would do. Since it is your money, it is your decision in the end.

okey

9 hours ago, Educational_Primate said:

I just bought myself a

not but a few seconds ago...

Can't wait...

That's a Mini ITX board only case. OP has an ATX board.

@Mister_duckles Any of your case selections would be "okay" but the best option of the three is Definitely the 4000D for the better airflow. Even if your parts are considered "mid range" now and the 4000X and H700 can both cool those adequately, the 4000D would allow you to cool higher end parts should you decide to upgrade anything in the future. 

And trust me. Unless you really like building and rebuilding PC's a lot, cases are the last thing you want to swap out in a PC build.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

On 6/27/2022 at 8:57 AM, Mister_duckles said:

search up bottlenec calculator and setup what we discussed 

The bottleneck calculator is a fucking lie 24/7.  Don't trust it for anything.  

The word bottleneck is so badly misused anymore that it literally doesn't mean anything.