AF fans with extra radiators?

Hey all!
I'm humming and hawing trying to decide on rad/fans for the upgrade I'm planning on my build:
CPU: R5 2400G
GPU: Strix 3070 Ti
Mobo: Asus Crosshair VII Hero (wi-fi)
Ram: Gskill Ripjaws 16Gb 3600Mhz (running at 3200)
PSU: Corsair HX1000W
fans: 3x cougar LED
Case: Cougar Panzer-S
CPU Cooler: Corsair H75 AIO

Once I pop a 5800x or 5900x in the socket I'll be looking at either 2 or 3 360mm Radiators but I'm quite drawn to the QL120 fans by corsair but have heard they don't move all that much air through the radiators. If I end up swapping my case for a PC011D-XL I can fit 3 360mm Rads and that would be more than enough surface for my 2 components but I'm hoping someone can help with realistic temp differences ie, 9 AF fans on 3 rads vs 9 SP fans on the same rads.

PS: I already have a few Icue products and prefer their lighting software and udnerstand that the ML fans have significantly less LEDs per fan. If I were to compare the ML RGB elites vs the QL120 How much of a temperature delta would I see at the same RPM or measured to the same Volume level (dba)? And would running thinner rads help with this or would larger rads with a lower fin count be optimal for such fans?

Any advice regarding whether this layout would be viable to cool my components would be fantastic, Thanks for stopping by! 

5 hours ago, ZenXlson said:

Hey all!
I'm humming and hawing trying to decide on rad/fans for the upgrade I'm planning on my build:
CPU: R5 2400G
GPU: Strix 3070 Ti
Mobo: Asus Crosshair VII Hero (wi-fi)
Ram: Gskill Ripjaws 16Gb 3600Mhz (running at 3200)
PSU: Corsair HX1000W
fans: 3x cougar LED
Case: Cougar Panzer-S
CPU Cooler: Corsair H75 AIO

Once I pop a 5800x or 5900x in the socket I'll be looking at either 2 or 3 360mm Radiators but I'm quite drawn to the QL120 fans by corsair but have heard they don't move all that much air through the radiators. If I end up swapping my case for a PC011D-XL I can fit 3 360mm Rads and that would be more than enough surface for my 2 components but I'm hoping someone can help with realistic temp differences ie, 9 AF fans on 3 rads vs 9 SP fans on the same rads.

PS: I already have a few Icue products and prefer their lighting software and udnerstand that the ML fans have significantly less LEDs per fan. If I were to compare the ML RGB elites vs the QL120 How much of a temperature delta would I see at the same RPM or measured to the same Volume level (dba)? And would running thinner rads help with this or would larger rads with a lower fin count be optimal for such fans?

Any advice regarding whether this layout would be viable to cool my components would be fantastic, Thanks for stopping by! 

this has been talked to death for years and the people that did the testing quit. the moeny spent on a more expensive fan was not worth the price were you could spend it on more rads.  (if you have the space for more rads)

since all aios are like 30mm or less an ok rpm 1000-1200 fan is enough

then argb became a thing and talk about performance out the window so buy w/e looks cool to you.

the difference for like cheap fans vs best fans is at best 2-5c at more then 2 times the cost.

if you dont care about cost do what you want really. buy performance fans, argb grills, use no 90 degree fittings, do push pull, use 2 pumps or 2 seprit loops,

this guy compars fans to rpm and nose to the mic

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

if u intend on using fans from corsair, on rads the ranking is something like this

ML > SP > LL > QL

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/corsair-icue-sp120-rgb-elite-fan/5.html (this has QL fans in the list)

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/be-quiet-light-wings-120-mm-pwm-high-speed-fan/4.html (updated no longer has QL fans)

and oh... the cable management is another can-ol-worms...

Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Audio: beyerdynamic DT 900 Pro X + iFi ZEN Air DAC + Razer Seiren Mini

On 6/26/2022 at 2:22 PM, fonzz1e said:

if u intend on using fans from corsair, on rads the ranking is something like this

ML > SP > LL > QL

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/corsair-icue-sp120-rgb-elite-fan/5.html (this has QL fans in the list)

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/be-quiet-light-wings-120-mm-pwm-high-speed-fan/4.html (updated no longer has QL fans)

and oh... the cable management is another can-ol-worms...

i was like .. SP's woot?
clicked on ur link there.. and then iit hit me,, reuse 
image.png.8fbce7f85058a47c103d54a64c3bc242.png

i did a  same RPM on this old SP vs the ML..  game over for the ML there 😛