Noctua VS Be Quiet!

JoshuaTjandra

Has anyone ever used both? I am deciding whether to get the BeQuiet! silent wings 2 or Noctua NF-F12 for my H100i. Spec wise it seems that the BeQuiet fans have higher CFM and Lower Noise, but a lot of people here seem to be recommending noctuas.

Be quiet! Silent Wings 2 are airflow fans not static pressure fans. For a radiator apllication the NF-F12 will kill the be quiet! Silent Wings 2. But seriously get a highend aircooler over a H100i. (Dark Rock 3 Pro) (Unless you already got the H100i then i said nothing) 

i would get the BQ fans over the noctua ones

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

be quiet for appearance, noctua for marginly better performance and ugliness.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I hear a lot of good things about BeQuiet!

But for a radiator fan, you want to read up on static pressure, not CFM. CFM is the speed in which the air is moving, static pressure is the volume it is moving. With a radiator speed doesn't really do a lot. You could have a fan which kicks up 70 CFM but only 1mm H2O of static pressure and it would get totally dominated by a fan which produces 40 CFM and 2.5mm H2O.

Volume helps because of the dense design of a radiator. Speed won't be able to penetrate the fins easily, while static pressure is actually pushed, or forced, through it.

LTT Recruit: Tacoma | Organization: UOLTT Conglomerate | Group: Salvage and Military | Fleet: Anvil Carrack, Aegis Retaliator and CO Mustang Omega

Appreciation to: artofinca.com | UOLTT Conglomerate on RSI and LTT

If you don't know what my avatar is, it's from: Silverhawks

Noctua simply has better airflow and air pressure than other brands at a MUCH lower RPM, when i was looking at fans i was wondering why noctua was supposed to be better, it had about the same air flow and air pressure as the other fans, but then i noticed that the RPM was often HALF of the other fans, you can run 120mm noctua fans on a cpu AIO 120mm rad at below 500rpm and it will keep the temps under 60C (i7 960, no OC)

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

For a radiator, if you're going with Be Quiet what you want is Shadow Wings, not Silent Wings. The pressure at which the air is pushed is more important than the amount of air pushed for a radiator.

Note: Shadow Wings are not as quiet.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

I would recommend some Cougar fans. They seem to go unnoticed, but they work well and are silent.

EDIT: Didn't realize this was for a rad. Not too sure if these will perform well in that scenario.

Why not go for NoiseBlockers or Gentle Typhoons?

Quote me to get a reply!

Be quiet is a joke in the US, with limited support and very few retailers. I would go with a noctua with better looking fans, or wait for their black model to come out.

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

Microphone:  Blue Yeti - Webcam: Logitech C920 - Monitors: 3x Dell S2415H 

Go for the noctua fans, and a high end air cooler if possible.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

I think noctuas are overated my friend has some and they push little air and are still audible I'd go with bequiet or corsair.

My Rig : Zotac 780 3GB, i5 4670k, H105, M1211 650W, 8GB 2133mhz vengence pro, Mini R2, 144Hz AOC Gsync Monitor

Accessories : K65, Naos 3200, Superlux 681, Chord CCU1

Noctuas, they're being used on a radiator so it makes more sense due to higher static pressure, even if they look worse

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

ill just leave this here http://martinsliquidlab.org/2013/05/07/fan-testing-round-12/

Noctuas are fugly and bad, the only way for them to be silent is on super low RPM when they barely push any air...oh yea and they are freaking expensive too. Noiseblockers are pretty good, but even more expensive then Noctua iirc.

Enforced Evolution - Red/Black Beast machine from "gheto" :) All 120 images

*psst* Gentle Typhoons

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

For a 4770k you don't need static pressure fans, like it's going to make the difference here. That cpu dumps a minor amount of heat into the liquid

noctua every time.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

ill just leave this here http://martinsliquidlab.org/2013/05/07/fan-testing-round-12/

Noctuas are fugly and bad, the only way for them to be silent is on super low RPM when they barely push any air...oh yea and they are freaking expensive too. Noiseblockers are pretty good, but even more expensive then Noctua iirc.

Please explain how noctuas are bad?

I think noctuas are overated my friend has some and they push little air and are still audible I'd go with bequiet or corsair.

Im currently running 4x 120mm PWN noctua's in my rig and they are basically inaudible. Granted if i pump them up to 1500rpm i can hear them, but not nearly as much as my old fans. Granted i have never tested them against any other fans so my opinion is probably invalid. But from my experience i can say i cant hear them from where i sit (my pc is about a meter and a bit away from me on the ground) i can hear the fridge that is 5 meter's away over my pc. 

CPU: i5-4670k GPU: Asus DirectCUII TOP V2 MOBO: AsRock z87m EXTREME4 RAM: 8gb Gskill 1600mhz  CASE: Corsair Air 540 SSD: OCZ Agility 3 120gb HDD: 2x Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm

Cooling: CPU- H100i push/pull 4x Noctua 120mm fans, 

GPU - H90 push/pull 2x Noctua 140mm fans + NZXT G10 Kraken bracket

Be Quiet:

-Wins noticeably in silence

-Wins overwhelmingly in appearance

-Wins somewhat in price

Noctua:

-Wins marginally in performance.

Be Quiet! wins on a devastating knockout.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Be Quiet! wins on a devastating knockout.

Thats not hard, theyre not even pushing restricted airflow. Their power zone psu's arent really quiet as a supernova 1000 P2.

y u no phanteks?

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

You were probably expecting them to blow like mad, and be absolutely silent? Sorry if i'm wrong but I don't think you have much experience with high end fans if you are recommending corsair fans above noctuas and on the same level as be Quiet.

I put Noctua NF-F12s on my H100 and they are amazing (they also come with a lot of useful accessories), I actually like how they look (maybe that's just because I associate that look with quality) but even if you really don't like their look, you can put them between the top panel of your case and your radiator so you wont even see them.

Oh and if you do that try to have the fans pulling air through the radiator (watch LinusTechTips video on Push vs Pull Vs Push/Pull)