Thoughts on LYTE Gaming?

CPotter

Hey,

Has anyone purchased a gaming PC from Lyte? We held off on working with them last year due to issues around shipping, but it appears that has improved a lot as of late.

Let us know if you have any experience with these folks, we appreciate it!

https://lytetechnology.com/

Wow 

image.png.7a8c75d72c604044b1511a3041d6fa97.png

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

25 minutes ago, williamcll said:

Wow 

image.png.7a8c75d72c604044b1511a3041d6fa97.png

That's...  not what the website looks like haha.  

2022-06-20 03_12_22-.png

-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-

3 hours ago, AdvocateOfNyx said:

That's...  not what the website looks like haha.  

It's broken for me as well. Checked Chrome and Firefox on PC and Chrome on phone and they're all missing CSS.

image.png

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

On 6/16/2022 at 9:42 PM, CPotter said:

Hey,

Has anyone purchased a gaming PC from Lyte? We held off on working with them last year due to issues around shipping, but it appears that has improved a lot as of late.

Let us know if you have any experience with these folks, we appreciate it!

https://lytetechnology.com/

If they can't even get their website working properly, then might not be worth to get them as sponser.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

2 hours ago, Spotty said:

It's broken for me as well. Checked Chrome and Firefox on PC and Chrome on phone and they're all missing CSS.

image.png

Seems like they do the Typical thing that all spanish websites do, when if you are not in the same country as their website, they just block all connections. Really stupid I know, but for some reason people still do it. You can see that the server where css is located just blocks your connection with 403 FORBIDDEN.

Seems like only @AdvocateOfNyx is in the same country as their target audience lol. I don't have an VPN to test if the page loads in USA/Canada, but to me doing something this annoying is already not a reason to get that sponsor, as LTT has an international audience.

image.thumb.png.84310e2b008f56f60572d9efe7659e75.png

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

3 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

Seems like they do the Typical thing that all spanish websites do, when if you are not in the same country as their website, they just block all connections. Really stupid I know, but for some reason people still do it.

Sigh. If that's the case they didn't even do a good job geoblocking since everything is still there and without trying to go through the website appears to be somewhat functional except the style/theme and images. At least other websites that do geoblocking give you a notice saying "Sorry, we're not available in your country".

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Just now, Spotty said:

Sigh. If that's the case they didn't even do a good job geoblocking since everything is still there and without trying to go through the website appears to be somewhat functional except the style/theme and images. At least other websites that do geoblocking give you a notice saying "Sorry, we're not available in your country".

I know, that is really annoying, but for some reason they just can't be bothered. From my personal experience all Spain websites just give me a 403 forbidden error, instead of actually geoblocking. Some even load some assets, like Lyte does with HTML.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

4 hours ago, Origami Cactus said:

Seems like they do the Typical thing that all spanish websites do, when if you are not in the same country as their website, they just block all connections. Really stupid I know, but for some reason people still do it. You can see that the server where css is located just blocks your connection with 403 FORBIDDEN.

Seems like only @AdvocateOfNyx is in the same country as their target audience lol. I don't have an VPN to test if the page loads in USA/Canada, but to me doing something this annoying is already not a reason to get that sponsor, as LTT has an international audience.

image.thumb.png.84310e2b008f56f60572d9efe7659e75.png

I'm in the USA if that helps with anything!

-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-