Are you still mining cryto?

Are you still mining cryto?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Are you still mining cryto?

• Yes, my asic's are still running.
    • No, my asic's are off.
    • Yes, my gpu rigs are still running.
    • No, my gpu rigs off.

Three more days, and I'm turning off my machines.

How about you guys?

20 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

personally scaled down a bit, only mine on low cost hours. but i'm not planning on stopping.

i'm actually surprised that btc and eth difficulty have not come down as much as i expected.

with all the rumors and news about people stopping, i was expecting difficulty to drop, by a lot.

Its currently off, but electricity is cheap where I live so when I need the heating I turn it on.

If you want me to answer, please use the quote function or tag me. I dont get notified unless you do

24 minutes ago, Tegneren said:

Its currently off, but electricity is cheap where I live so when I need the heating I turn it on.

isn't your machine loud? i do like getting free heat from my rig, but the noise coming from those crazy spinning fans is just too loud for me.....

14 minutes ago, Error 504 said:

isn't your machine loud? i do like getting free heat from my rig, but the noise coming from those crazy spinning fans is just too loud for me.....

Nah, I only mine with my gaming PC when its not used and undervolting keeps the GPU temps at around 55C with fans at around 40%, so the noise isn't much above Idle for the system.

If you want me to answer, please use the quote function or tag me. I dont get notified unless you do

17 minutes ago, Tegneren said:

Nah, I only mine with my gaming PC when its not used and undervolting keeps the GPU temps at around 55C with fans at around 40%, so the noise isn't much above Idle for the system.

oh i thought you meant a gpu mining rig. those fans are crazy loud. i just checked with nicehash, 3090 is now getting about $1.90 CAD per day, after electricity set at $0.1 CAD

power cheap atm for me. but this week temp went to 100 for outside. so atm stuff turn off.

i also had a black out and trying to figure out what wrong with 1 rig

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

I got 6x ASIC's mining BTC and I got my ETH rig running with 6 cards.

But I have free electricity where I live.

Also I hit my ROI like 4+ years ago and sold while the coins were high so literally every single coin I have is 100% profit.

19 minutes ago, offweek said:

For those still mining, why do you think you can mine faster than the depreciation of your GPUs/ASICs?

Why do you think everyone need, or even want, to sell their GPUs?

Desktop 1 : Ryzen 5 3600 (O/C to 4Ghz all-core) | Gigabyte B450M-DS3H | 24GB DDR4-2400 Crucial(O/C to 2667) | GALAX RTX 2060 6GB | CoolerMaster MWE 650 Gold

Desktop 2 : i5 10400 | 32GB DDR4-3200(@ 2667Mhz) |  EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8 GB | Corsair CV450M

Laptop : ASUS ROG Strix G17 : i7-10750H, 16GB RAM, GTX 1660Ti 6GB(90W), 1TB NVMe SSD

Yoga 3 14 - i7-5500U, 8GB RAM, GeForce GT 940M, 256GB SSD

The resale value has been falling for a while. A smart person who really wanted to sell their GPUs would have sold around December - January, when mining profit had basically been halved since July 2021 (mining difficult reached 12P, 2x what it was in July) but GPUs were still selling for the same sky-high prices as before. They would have profited both off of mining when it was extremely profitable, and the high GPU prices. I know people who bought massive (gigahash and larger) mining rigs paying 2x MSRP per card as late as March/April 2022.

Anyone who got in after Aug/Sept 2021 would not have reached break-even yet/have barely broken even, and while they could still sell their GPU and turn a profit (assuming they sold their mined coin at good prices), they're selling into a buyer's market now.

Desktop 1 : Ryzen 5 3600 (O/C to 4Ghz all-core) | Gigabyte B450M-DS3H | 24GB DDR4-2400 Crucial(O/C to 2667) | GALAX RTX 2060 6GB | CoolerMaster MWE 650 Gold

Desktop 2 : i5 10400 | 32GB DDR4-3200(@ 2667Mhz) |  EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8 GB | Corsair CV450M

Laptop : ASUS ROG Strix G17 : i7-10750H, 16GB RAM, GTX 1660Ti 6GB(90W), 1TB NVMe SSD

Yoga 3 14 - i7-5500U, 8GB RAM, GeForce GT 940M, 256GB SSD

On 6/22/2022 at 4:26 AM, offweek said:

For those still mining, why do you think you can mine faster than the depreciation of your GPUs/ASICs?

I have done RMA on a few of my cards and I sent in a old card and instead of fixing it they send me a brand new current gen card. Like I gave a 570 and they gave me a 6600xt

But I don't intend on selling my cards individually when I move I'll just sell all my equipment to someone else that has free electricity in my neighborhood.

13 minutes ago, offweek said:

The what?

Not sure what is so hard to grasp about that. I don't pay for utilities in the house I rent.

1 hour ago, offweek said:

How does this remain financially sustainable (or equitably included in rent) if people are mining with it?  I've had this in a share house before, but excessive use resulted in the offender paying half the power bill. If you're pulling a kilowatt or two from the wall 24/7 presumably your landlord will start asking questions.

The landlord asked why my power usage was higher than 3 other units combined, I said I've got a lot of computers running. He asked if I could turn off a couple of them and I asked why he said it was costing him too much for the power. I chuckled and said naw I'm good maybe you shouldn't charge so much for such a shitty house. He works for a corporation that owns at least 100,000 units probably many many more, so I don't feel sorry at all.

He was mad but he can't do anything about it because I'm on a 5 year lease and it's only been 3 years. This conversation happened about 6 months after I moved in. And I'll be moving out before my lease is over anyway so it's not a concern over the renewal since ethats not gonna happen.

Everyone gets a note from the utility company every month saying what the usage is for general knowledge, and I use an average of 8,500 kWh each month 🤷‍♂️😂😂

If its a hot day and I'm charging the car I've used 390kWh in a single day.

4 hours ago, offweek said:

I'm not sure you appreciate the collateral damage (to your neighbours and future tenants) you may be setting in motion when the corporation implements policy addressing abuse of free electricity.  I won't be commenting further.

They can't raise the rate or change the policy without congressional approval. Which obviously will never happen. So no worries to future people

I think when the stock market gets bullish again, so will the cryptos. Therefore I let my rigs run. However I have dedicated a part of it to F@H. In this times... I want to do at least a litttle bit good...

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

50 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

I think when the stock market gets bullish again, so will the cryptos. Therefore I let my rigs run. However I have dedicated a part of it to F@H. In this times... I want to do at least a litttle bit good...

i'm just surprised that btc difficulty has not come down much. eth difficulty is lower now. according to nicehash, 3090 is now making $2 CAD per day, and s19 asic is making $2.50 CAD per day.....

7 hours ago, Error 504 said:

i'm just surprised that btc difficulty has not come down much. eth difficulty is lower now. according to nicehash, 3090 is now making $2 CAD per day, and s19 asic is making $2.50 CAD per day.....

Yupppz! Thats why I am 100% eth now. I think thinking in mid or even long term most people expect BTC to be "the one to survive" and thats why there, there are more miners continuing....

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂