Whoever made Massdrop.com is a GENIUS

I dont know how long massdrop.com has been around, but I noticed it becoming a thing in the past few weeks, as more and more people on twitter, facebook and even here on the LTT forums started sharing links and talking about deals. Though, the only drawback at first for me was that you actually have to sign up to see the deals, and it took me some time my self to get me convinced to sign up. I also feel like many others find it to be off-putting, too, and rather just ignore it. So I just wanted to share the concept, link the "how it works" page, which you dont have to sign up for, and just generally introduce this new retailer/deals website, because I think its amazing.

The basic principle is:

Massdrop takes a group of people that each want to buy the same thing, combines their order, and places that order directly with the manufacturer. As a result, everybody in the group gets the large quantity price while only having to buy one (or two, or ten). (Pro Tip: The bigger the group, the better price that everyone will get!)

Also you can propose products for upcoming deals in the "vote" section, where anyone can suggest new deals and vote what they want to see next. If enough people are interested, the people at massdrop talk to the manufacturer and get the deal rolling.

In addition there is a "talk" section, where you can talk with buyers of a certain product, get informations or just ask what others think of the deal.

So in the end you get deals of products, that many people want and therefore are reknown to have good reviews, for a really good price. Massdrop does the shipping, even internationally for a VERY good price, and in the unlikely case of defect or failure:

Massdrop will request for the product to be sent back to a specified return address (which will be provided to you via email). Upon receipt of the defective product, Massdrop will make every effort possible to ensure your satisfaction by shipping you a replacement product. Massdrop will pay for all shipping costs related to warranty service. Massdrop also reserves the right to refund the purchase price as its exclusive warranty remedy.

https://www.massdrop.com/how-it-works

IMO, who ever came up with this, had a really amazing idea.

Edit: here is just an example that might be interesting for all the mechanical keyboard lovers. http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/143565-code-keyboard-140/

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

I love massdrop too, but come on guys that email sign up PAGE is hella sketchy.  :unsure:

Eclipse Version 3: i5 9600K | Asus Strix Z390| GTX 1070 | 16GB Kingston Beast | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD [2] +WD Blue 1TB | NZXT H440 | EVGA 750 W | Dark Rock Pro 4| Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium

I shall check this out now, since I've never heard of them.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I love massdrop too, but come on guys that email sign up is hella sketchy.  :unsure:

It's great though, cause they send you emails on what drops are new. Really nice to stay informed automatically and not have to check the website every couple days.

I've been buying stuff from Massdrop for about 12 months.

Lots of the stuff I've bought has been just for shits and giggles, but everything has been priced very well.

I've been capitalizing on the things that are priced higher in australia, Zippo lighters, Moleskine Notebooks, etc.

But if I didn't already have a home Mech keyboard and a work Mech Keyboard I would get one from here because the range is awesome.

Dropshipping has been around for years, it's cheap and it takes a long time to arrive.

It's great though, cause they send you emails on what drops are new. Really nice to stay informed automatically and not have to check the website every couple days.

I mean't that it looks like spam email sites, how the first thing you see is "SIGN UP WITH EMAIL TO GET SUPER GOOD DEALS".

Eclipse Version 3: i5 9600K | Asus Strix Z390| GTX 1070 | 16GB Kingston Beast | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD [2] +WD Blue 1TB | NZXT H440 | EVGA 750 W | Dark Rock Pro 4| Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium

I find that it's still more expensive after shipping than buying at a local store.

I find that it's still more expensive after shipping than buying at a local store.

What if what you want to buy isn't available at local stores?

What if what you want to buy isn't available at local stores?

I haven't had that problem yet.

Hot DAYUM I'm going to sign up! Noctua NH-D15 people! ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Buy Noctua ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

It's a really good idea and I like how it actually works, and it doesn't fail horrendously. 

Case: Corsair Vengeance C70 Gunmetal Black CPU: i7-4770k Cooler: Corsair H100i RAM: 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro GPU: ASUS Direct CUII 770 MOBO: Asus Maximus VI Hero PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000 G2

Group buys have been around forever, especially in the car world. 

Even 10 people buying a kit, saves hundreds. Its brilliant and smart, so long as everyone follows through.

Its even how companies like ECS Tuning have sales. More people sign up = cheaper prices overall, as long as the minimum is met. Which is usually 10-15 orders. 

Just checked out the site but realized nothing on there really appeals to me nor does anything offered seem like an exceptional deal. Cool idea though.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

Omg just got a Return to Ravnica booster box for $91

Enthoo Primo - ASUS Maximus Formula VII - 4790k 4.8ghz 1.28v - EK Supremacy Evo Clean - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical - 1000w EVGA Supernova Gold - 2x Alphacool Monsta Rads in push/pull - 2x Galaxy 780 HoF with EK waterblock

Build Log http://imgur.com/a/UV6Wh Just want to warn everyone, my build log is pretty mediocre.