Gpu Pin connector not going in all the way

Owrw

My Pc has been crashing ever since i added my gpu, it would crash when it would use higher watts but i’ve discovered that my pin connector isn’t fully in and i can’t get it in any more? any tips?

image.jpg

You are using a molex to PCIE power adapter, that makes me believe you got a shitty PSU. What PSU do you have there? Halfway in connector can cause problems but using a PSU without a PCIE power is the major suspect here.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Best option would be to buy a modern PSU that actually has a proper PCIe power connector instead of using that ancient PSU with a Molex to 8-pin adapter.

Your PSU most like isn't able to provide enough wattage.

Just now, Levent said:

You are using a molex to PCIE power adapter, that makes me believe you got a shitty PSU. What PSU do you have there? Halfway in connector can cause problems but using a PSU without a PCIE power a major suspect here.

I got the psu with my pre built i bought 6 months ago, it is 500w but idk the brand 

1 minute ago, Zagna said:

Best option would be to buy a modern PSU that actually has a proper PCIe power connector instead of using that ancient PSU with a Molex to 8-pin adapter.

Your PSU most like isn't able to provide enough wattage.

I will have to buy cables for everything separately and then remove my mobo i think and i’m not a pc hardware wizard so i don’t want to risk it 

1 minute ago, Owrw said:

I got the psu with my pre built i bought 6 months ago, it is 500w but idk the brand

If you are powering a 5600X and a RX6600 using a noname crap PSU that is allegedly 500W and doesnt come with a PCIE power, you have major problems coming your way.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Regarding the connector, might help wiggling it a bit when inserting. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

1 minute ago, Levent said:

If you are powering a 5600X and a RX6600 using a noname crap PSU that is allegedly 500W and doesnt come with a PCIE power, you have major problems coming your way.

What about SATA to pcie? i also found this cable if this is any use 

image.jpg

Just now, Owrw said:

What about SATA to pcie? i also found this cable if this is any use 

Same thing, dont use it. That EPS 12V (used for motherboard).

CiT Builder 500W PSU that’s the psu i have 

2 minutes ago, Zagna said:

And it's single channel memory, ouch.

I would get dual but then i would have 32gb which is too much 

so why won’t it go all the way in? my pc was fine before but it stopped posting even though pc had power so.. do i have to get a new psu to resolve my pin not going all the way in 

The connector will go all the way in as long as it's the correct one. Check that, and try harder if it is.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Just now, Kilrah said:

The connector will go all the way in as long as it's the correct one. Check that, and try harder if it is.

it’s 8 pin to 8 pin but the little square on the pins arent the same 

image.jpg

image.jpg

You need to buy a better power supply.

If this is your power supply - I took the picture from an eBay listing for CIT Builder 500w - then your power supply can only output 360 watts on 12v output :

* 3.3v x 15A = 49.5 watts

* 5.0V x 15A  = 75 watts

* 12.0v x 30A = 360 watts

In reality, it's probably even worse than 360 watts on 12v, and there's probably extra limitations like the 3.3v and 5v together not capable of going over 100 watts or stuff like that.

The 5600x will consume around 60-80 watts only from the 12v output, and the RX6600 will consume up to around 180-200 watts.  You then have around 10-15 watts on 12v consumed by fans, motor on mechanical drives, stuff around the motherboard, so your power supply most likely can not supply this much power to all the components even though it may be below 360 watts if you add them together.

The adapter you use is also not suitable for video cards that consume A LOT of power like the RX 6600 - they're made with thinner wires, and also often those wires are not even pure copper, often they're a mix of steel and aluminum and copper strands, because such wires are much cheaper than pure copper wires.

All this - thinner and poorer quality wire - means higher resistance, which means cables will heat up more and the connectors may also get damaged over time from the heat.

The adapter you have there is more like for a video card that consumes just a bit more than what power is available in the pci-e slot - ex a card that consumes 100 watts and takes 60 watts from the slot and 40 watts from the extra 6/8 pin connector.

The RX6600 pulls over 100 watts from the extra power connector or connectors, and these adapters aren't meant for that

SATA to pci-e 6/8 pin is even worse, the SATA connector is worse than old Molex (hdd) connectors.

image.png.2f77d97280462ae0f4b31891c5f6ccd8.png

1 minute ago, mariushm said:

If this is your power supply - I took the picture from an eBay listing for CIT Builder 500w - then your power supply can only output 360 watts on 12v output :

* 5.0V x 15A  = 75 watts

In reality, it's probably even worse than 360 watts on 12v, and there's probably extra limitations like the 3.3v and 5v together not capable of going over 100 watts or stuff like that.

The 5600x will consume around 60-80 watts only from the 12v output, and the RX6600 will consume up to around 180-200 watts.  You then have around 10-15 watts on 12v consumed by fans, motor on mechanical drives, stuff around the motherboard, so your power supply most likely can not supply this much power to all the components even though it may be below 360 watts if you add them together.

The adapter you use is also not suitable for video cards that consume A LOT of power like the RX 6600 - they're made with thinner wires, and also often those wires are not even pure copper, often they're a mix of steel and aluminum and copper strands, because such wires are much cheaper than pure copper wires.

All this - thinner and poorer quality wire - means higher resistance, which means cables will heat up more and the connectors may also get damaged over time from the heat.

The adapter you have there is more like for a video card that consumes just a bit more than what power is available in the pci-e slot - ex a card that consumes 100 watts and takes 60 watts from the slot and 40 watts from the extra 6/8 pin connector.

The RX6600 pulls over 100 watts from the extra power connector or connectors, and these adapters aren't meant for that

SATA to pci-e 6/8 pin is even worse, the SATA connector is worse than old Molex (hdd) connectors.

the Radeon RX 6600 uses 100w max 

that’s not the same psu but it’s similar 

image.jpg

image.jpg

3 minutes ago, Owrw said:

the Radeon RX 6600 uses 100w max 

My bad, I was thinking of RX 6600 XT  ... but the power consumption for RX 6600 is closer to 125 watts, BUT it can spike up to 250 watts for 20 ms or less.

See  https://www.techpowerup.com/review/powercolor-radeon-rx-6600-fighter/37.html

image.png.f5d0d94f76a1066f109b791e384fc4c1.png

Nevertheless, it doesn't make what I wrote about the power supply quality, and you can't see the label in your pictures.

Also, it's debatable how much you can actually TRUST what it says on the label. 90% guaranteed the numbers are inflated.

Pretty sure RX6600 listed TDP is 132w.
Both in techpowerup site and amd site.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

1 minute ago, mariushm said:

My bad, I was thinking of RX 6600 XT  ... but the power consumption for RX 6600 is closer to 125 watts, BUT it can spike up to 250 watts for 20 ms or less.

See  https://www.techpowerup.com/review/powercolor-radeon-rx-6600-fighter/37.html

image.png.f5d0d94f76a1066f109b791e384fc4c1.png

that’s probably what causes pc shut downs, the problem is that last night it crashed again so i left it off woke up today and it’s not posting but pc has power, I suppose i can replace cpu with modular as long as it comes with the cables i need but i’m worried it might still be broken as the connector won’t even go in to the gpu fully, is the connector supposed to look like mine it is it supposed to be flush?

2 minutes ago, Owrw said:

that’s probably what causes pc shut downs, the problem is that last night it crashed again so i left it off woke up today and it’s not posting but pc has power, I suppose i can replace cpu with modular as long as it comes with the cables i need but i’m worried it might still be broken as the connector won’t even go in to the gpu fully, is the connector supposed to look like mine it is it supposed to be flush?

If you ask me, from the pic of the connector pins, it looks questionable and unreliable.
I see 1 pin or 2 slanted there.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

1 hour ago, Owrw said:

that’s not the same psu but it’s similar 

image.jpg

image.jpg

That's even worse, 22A on the 12v rail, which is 264W, no wonder it shuts down when the gpu can spike to 250w.

The adapter looks very low quality, not surprising that it doesn't fit correctly.

Interim 15 T200 OKF("F" intel processors are specifically archituctured for gaming) maybe upgrad to 13'900 | Peeralight cpu fan | Stryx Z690-A Wife(which is branded by ASUS and it's ROG label) | Thermotake 16x 8x2GO SODINM 2400mjz cl22 (2 of them with the mood lighting) | 980 EVO 1TB m.2 ssd card + Kensington 2TB SATA nvme + WD BLACK PRO ULTRA MAX 4TB GAMING DESTROYER HHD | Echa etc 3060 duel fan dissipator 12 GBi and Azrock with the radian 550 XT Tiachi | NEXT H510 Vit Klar Svart | Seasonice 600watts voeding(rated for 100.000 hours, running since 2010, ballpark estimate 8 hours a day which should make it good for 34 years) | Nocturna case fans | 0LED Duel moniter

New build in progress: Ryen™ 8 7700x3D with a copper pipe fan | Z60e-A | Kingstron RENEGATE 16x2 Go hyenix | Phantek 2 the thar mesh in front | lead lex black label psu + AsiaHorse białe/białe | 1080 Pro 8TB 15800MB/S NvMe(for gaming this increase fps and charging time, cooled by a M.2 slot with coolblock and additional thermopad) and faster 4000GB HHD | MAI GeForce GTX 2070 Ti and RTX 6800 | Corshair psu

Swap the C in CiT for an S and a H and that's your power supply, that's what it is.

Even if it isn't the problem here, you should replace it. 

• 2 months later...
On 6/11/2022 at 11:49 AM, mariushm said:

* 5.0V x 15A  = 75 watts

Hi there l, it’s been a while but i thought i would just say that I have bought a 700w evga br bronze l, 32gb 3600mhz ram, b550 f gaming, a frost flow x 240 and a 980 pro so i think i have finally completed the build