QuantumTV & The Act Man Youtube drama

AitoShi

It's crazy to me that The Act Man has basically been deplatformed from YouTube, while a hateful, lying, doxing, family threatening, ToS violating, copyright abuser, report abuser, ban evader, whose whole use of the platform seems to be attacking other creators, silencing any critics of his hot takes, scams, spreading his hate and conspiracy theories is having the last laugh. It's already scary how far this guy will go, it makes me wonder who he'll target next and how much further he'll go. 

I guess The Act Man called YouTube out too loudly. 

I get both sides are a bit low brow for LMG, but just because something is messy, doesn't mean it's ok and it's not good for YT creators across the board. 

It now actually bothers me this doesn't get a mention on Tech Linked or something. Maybe there are legal ramifications or LMG is afraid of YT, idk. 

Edit

Nevermind downvote brigading, YT just greenlit false report brigading on its platform. 

Edited by AitoShi
Additional info, taking point

BDXDeZu_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=gra

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

21 minutes ago, Middcore said:

-snip-

Youtuber breaks many, many rules of the platform, harasses many other creators (I believe he even doxxed some and then harassed them further over their considering it a big deal?), escapes punishment. Another creator calls Youtube itself out for this, has his videos demonetized and/or removed, citing rules he never broke. He's also going to be removed from the partner program and have all videos on his channel demonetized. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

10 minutes ago, Zando_ said:

Youtuber breaks many, many rules of the platform, harasses many other creators (I believe he even doxxed some and then harassed them further over their considering it a big deal?), escapes punishment. Another creator calls Youtube itself out for this, has his videos demonetized and/or removed, citing rules he never broke. He's also going to be removed from the partner program and have all videos on his channel demonetized. 

Never heard of either of these people in my life.

That said, a quick look shows The Act Man has 1.48m subs and gets about 1.5m views per video, whereas Quantum TV has 67k subs and (aside from his videos about this beef) gets fewer than 10k views per vid.

No way is YouTube axing a channel with 1.5m subs for the sake of one with 67k. Nope. Uh-uh. It's just not happening. Sometimes being able to count on YouTube to be utterly, soullessly mercenary is useful and clarifying.

Also, it looks like you and OP are making accusations that even The Act Man doesn't stand by now: 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

5 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Also, it looks like you and OP are making accusations that even The Act Man doesn't stand by now

I never got the impression that QTV was behind the issues Act Man is having with his channel, so not sure how that would have come through in my post. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

1 hour ago, Middcore said:

BDXDeZu_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=gra

Is a long story, most of the videos are up on YouTube, well Quantum TV deleted his stuff across multiple platforms. It started a couple months ago. 

Am I allowed to link to the YouTube videos? 

Basically Quantum TV had a bad hot Elden Ring take, that's the start. A smaller YT channel by a 16 year old kid criticized that hot take.  QTV came for the kid. This is the start. 

Other creators decided to them talk about this and support the fair use, including The Act Man. Full Streisand effect. 

https://youtube.com/c/SomeOrdinaryGamers

https://youtube.com/c/ReviewTechUSA

I haven't watched these necessarily, I can't keep up with the creators talking about this

https://youtube.com/c/McNylo

https://youtube.com/c/OptimusHD

Things just kept escalating, to the point where Quantum TV got called the Act Man's mother less than an hour after one of The Act Man's videos went up. Doxing and threatening The Act Man and his family is how far this guy who YouTube is supporting, went. 

YT has decided while the videos were indeed fair use, the the DMCA flags were a fair request and not copyright abuse. Basically giving free pass, as long as you delete everything before YouTube looks into it, even if the barest of investigation would reveal otherwise. Basically everyone calling out QTV, let him cover his tracks, just enough. 

I'd link you to this video of Act Man's continued Ace Attorney parody, The Dark Ages of Youtube, but it has been flagged for nudity and sexual content that it did not contain, not age restricted like far more egregious content that isn't calling out YouTube for ignoring its own rules. 

The Act Man is being removed as a YouTube partner program for calling out YouTube in the not nudity nor sex video which actually shows clips of YouTube terms of service juxtaposed with QTV violating said terms of service. 

3 minutes ago, AitoShi said:

Is a long story

-snip

So basically you signed up here because you want Linus to publicly take the side you're rooting for in a beef between other YouTubers that he isn't involved in?

18 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Never heard of either of these people in my life.

That said, a quick look shows The Act Man has 1.48m subs and gets about 1.5m views per video, whereas Quantum TV has 67k subs and (aside from his videos about this beef) gets fewer than 10k views per vid.

No way is YouTube axing a channel with 1.5m subs for the sake of one with 67k. Nope. Uh-uh. It's just not happening. Sometimes being able to count on YouTube to be utterly, soullessly mercenary is useful and clarifying.

Also, it looks like you and OP are making accusations that even The Act Man doesn't stand by now: 

I thought it was clear, I was accusing YouTube in regards to shutting down The Act Man's Dark age of YouTube video the video dmv removing him from the partner platform, & not Quantum TV. Quantum TV is a catalyst & benefiting, but no I don't think he has real power at YouTube. I brought this up, because it's a YouTube problem, not because it's a QTV problem. 

3 minutes ago, Middcore said:

So basically you signed up here because you want Linus to publicly take the side you're rooting for in a beef between other YouTubers that he isn't involved in?

The funny thing there is I was not a subscriber to either YouTuber. I signed up, because I was too lazy to look up my regular log in. I read much more than I post. I was interested in this community's take first and foremost on how YouTube ended this man's career for speaking out against YouTube. 

This community's take on how on YouTube copyright abuse, report, ToS can be violated, without repurcussion. 

I was curious whether most were just unaware, had different takes, etc. 

Never heard either before, I know the name Asmongold, only just because YT somehow thinks I like him and keep recommending him.

But yeah, when it's about YT beef, usually the rabbit hole goes really deep, it'd be silly for a channel as big as LMG to respond publicly & globally without getting to the root of it.
While getting to the root of it usually requires proper wide-scale investigation, which means time & effort & money.

If I were him though (Act Man), if there's really a threat delivered or targeted at my family, Ima go report.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

1 minute ago, Poinkachu said:

Never heard either before, I know the name Asmongold, only just because YT somehow thinks I like him and keep recommending him.

But yeah, when it's about YT beef, usually the rabbit hole goes really deep, it'd be silly for a channel as big as LMG to respond publicly & globally without getting to the root of it.
While getting to the root of it usually requires proper wide-scale investigation, which means time & effort & money.

If I were him though (Act Man), if there's really a threat delivered or targeted at my family, Ima go report.

Linus doesn't even vet the other YouTubers he does collab videos with, apparently, so I can't see him bothering to go all Private Eye on this.

5 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

He said he contacted a lawyer and police in both cities. 

Youtube gives me terrible recommendations, well beyond Asmongold. I presume it is because I played WoW shortly and probably watched a couple. I wish there was a better way sometimes to say, explain to the algorithm what I don't want to watch and what I do, but the less time I spend on the platform the better, imo

2 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Linus doesn't even vet the other YouTubers he does collab videos with, apparently, so I can't see him bothering to go all Private Eye on this.

I agree.

Was just pointing out that YT beef usually a deep murky hole.
And dealing with it as a bystander most likely means taking the heavy burden of responsibility.

Knowing how big LMG is , the moment Linus put even 1 toe in, all eyes will turn to him and judge.

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

11 minutes ago, AitoShi said:

He said he contacted a lawyer and police in both cities. 

Youtube gives me terrible recommendations, well beyond Asmongold. I presume it is because I played WoW shortly and probably watched a couple. I wish there was a better way sometimes to say, explain to the algorithm what I don't want to watch and what I do, but the less time I spend on the platform the better, imo

Last time I watched Asmongold was yearssss ago, when he was still only making WoW Exotic Mount challenge or somethin. And I only watched 1 out of curiosity.
And yet YT still thinks I like him.

As for the others you linked in previous post, including the 2 beefing, never hit my radar, and I watch a LOT of game reviews, Elden Ring and Souls series especially.
So yeah, never heard of Act Man, or Quantum TV until I read your post.

Refresh before you reply

2 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

I agree.

Was just pointing out that YT beef usually a deep murky hole.
And dealing with it as a bystander most likely means taking the heavy burden of responsibility.

Knowing how big LMG is , the moment Linus put even 1 toe in, all eyes will turn to him and judge.

I guess my "low brow" was too understated. Too messy and not clear cut. It's sad, but it makes sense. I know YT is a private platform. This kind of censorship and deplatforming of creators is still disturbing, especially coupled with going for this guy's mother (QTV) and brother (someone at YT? but what's the motivation?) . I don't my understand it and I wonder how far the silence goes. 

35 minutes ago, AitoShi said:

and foremost on how YouTube ended this man's career for speaking out against YouTube. 

Google is a private company. You and anyone else doesn't have a right to post, watch, interact with the site. They could wake up tomorrow and say "Alaska is no longer allowed to access Google services." That's their right. No different from a person.

Did someone really think going out on their platform speaking out against them and trying to start drama would go over well? What did they expect? A cake and play button for it?

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Lmg isn't a drama channel, there is literally no reason why they should or would get involved in this in any way. 

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

14 minutes ago, Arika S said:

Lmg isn't a drama channel, there is literally no reason why they should or would get involved in this in any way. 

OP seems to view it less as Linus getting involved in drama and more as Linus speaking out against YouTube ignoring their own policies and treating creators unjustly. But if Linus had any pull with YouTube the dislike counter would still exist.

Yes, YouTube can silence its critics on its platform and not enforce its own ToS, as it wishes. 

(Although if they're part of the doxxing, that's way too far, but that's not provable. ) 

I guess we'll just have more muzzled and lost creators on the platform, until the next adpocolypse, finally wakes YouTube up to how removing critics who care versus bad apples running rampant and scaring away other creators, on the platform. 

54 minutes ago, Middcore said:

OP seems to view it less as Linus getting involved in drama and more as Linus speaking out against YouTube ignoring their own policies and treating creators unjustly. But if Linus had any pull with YouTube the dislike counter would still exist.

True Linus does not have the sway and YT has with their actions made a pretty clear threat to any creator. 

I guess I probably would have just expected the Act Man's last two videos (one of which has been successfully suppressed), reactions and failure to be the last of it. I  wouldn't have expected more YTrs, including Linus, to speak up about this

I guess the thing that really prompted me to be more, more need to talk about this, is the video takedown with the false claims, the demonitization and The Act Man no longer making content. The part where YouTube stopped being just negligent, but YouTube actively making things worse (not just for Act Man, but also creators and YouTube) with this silencing. 

Good ol drama lore for those not following the situation: So a youtuber named Act Man made a video making fun of elden ring players making terrible reviews/takes relating to the game. One of the players in that video was QuantamTV and he didn't like what he said and believe that his copyrighted content was stolen, so he copyright striked him (which afaik got removed by YT themselves, which prompted a video response from Act man. 

Things in the drama apparently took the turn for the worst when allegedly when Quantam threatened or harrassed his mother by calling her over the phone. Reasons for this call was apparently wanting to talk to act man personally and from the sound of it, issue a cease and desist to him likely. Eventually, Act man and the other detractors state bring up stuff from his twitter and his other online accounts of his wrongdoing including homophobic tweets that could get him banned off YT (due to their "external websites" rule). They also alleged that he is also been ban evading since his last account was banned/close to being banned. 

QuantamTV on YT has clapped back with many responses to these allegations like this one, and that one, receiving mostly negative attention (like to dislike ratio lul). Eventually Act Man gave an update stating that even after reporting Quantam for his behavior, YT has not punished him and saw nothing wrong with what he did. Eventually The Act Man made a video responding to this certain situation, which eventually got flagged down for "sexually explicit content". To make matters worst, right after this YT also decided to remove his partnership (located on his post below the "demonetize one) and fully demonetized his channel.

My opinion? I find this entertaining but not really surprising since YT is known to not enforce their TOS (as shown recently in the Google VS Australia case). I don't have faith that anything is going to change from this other than from act man's side. It is also possible that this might go to court (which I don't personally think it's worth it). If Youtube is not going to follow or enforce their rules, then they should be changed at least. 

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

Is The Act Man right about Quantum being horrible, toxic, and bigoted? Yes, absolutely. Would it serve any purpose for LMG to take up the axe and inflame the issue more? No.

Linus has a hard enough time getting YT to care about HDR support. If YT won't listen about quality features, technical issues, losing audience feedback (re: dislike button count removal), then they definitely will not be receptive to how badly they handle moderation of their platform. 

honestly? more people should know about this, the more this is spread, the harder it will be for youtube to silence it.

they're demonetizing anyone who talks about it and one dude had the video taken down because it had actman in the title.

the more they try to silence the louder we have to shout, cause this will affect more then just actman, this will affect the entire creator community regardless if we don't stand up.

*Insert Witty Signature here*

System Config: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/Tncs9N

IMHO, it'd be wiser to push Linus & anyone else not directly related to not jump in too fast.
I won't push my friends to jump into something that might be a hidden whirlpool of death, especially when they and/or i don't have enough lifeline to save them if shit hit the fan.

When it's about strangers quarreling, most often the wisest move is to just wait until there's more info.

Refresh before you reply

Been watching The Act Man for a while now because his game reviews / critique are usually top notch. I really am not a fan of drama and shit like that and only got wind of whats going on with his channel today. I saw the video that was taken down a few days ago and it was very much internet drama at its best but somehow it was entertaining enough for me to watch it all. I can say the reason it was taken down is straight up ridiculous. Everything that happened after that looks even more ridiculous imo.

Apparently even other creators videos that cover whats going on are affected now.

To me the whole thing is very bizarre.

Desktop: i9-10850K [Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black] | Asus ROG Strix Z490-E | G.Skill Trident Z 2x16GB 3600Mhz 16-16-16-36 | Asus ROG Strix RTX 3080Ti OC | SeaSonic PRIME Ultra Gold 1000W | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | CoolerMaster MasterCase H500 ARGB | Win 10

Display: Samsung Odyssey G7A (28" 4K 144Hz)

Laptop: Lenovo ThinkBook 16p Gen 4 | i7-13700H | 2x8GB 5200Mhz | RTX 4060 | Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon