Half my RAID0 shows as "Unknown" but still counted for total space - just not empty

Logun
Go to solution Solved by Electronics Wizardy,

Try running windirstat as a admin if your not already. ALso do you have things like snapshots enabled?

This feels like a os/filesystem issue. I find it very unlikely the drives or raid is causing this issue.

C drive is RAID0 with 2 x 500GB 970's

Both drives are recognized and so total space is shown as 930GB

However a full 450GB is unavailable for use. It is not full, it is not in use.

you can see on the screen shot that WinDirStat show 450GB as "Unknown". Windows explorer counts that amount as in use, however it is not. As we can see on WinDirStat it's not addressable. I cannot delete it, I cannot "explore here". It exists but that is all.

image.thumb.png.cdc5b462d935a76421d25f8a25e05fb0.png

I assume this means one of the SSD's has an issue? (even though it is recognized in the Bios, and Disk Manager, and Windows Explorer?

Any suggestions?

Try running windirstat as a admin if your not already. ALso do you have things like snapshots enabled?

This feels like a os/filesystem issue. I find it very unlikely the drives or raid is causing this issue.

Great call!

It was the install folder for the Xbox Game Pass. It doesn't recognize it normally as its stored in their native xbox format.

Thanks!!