Are there ANY RTX 3080 cards, which don't have the vertical heatpipe layout? (apart from FE)

Origami Cactus

So here is a picture of a typical RTX 3080 cooler:

IMG_4405-2060x1373.jpg

What you can see are a number of heatpipes, going straight to the end of the cooler.

Now the problem is that I want to mount the GPU vertically, so the rear I/O is at the top, that means all the liquid inside the heatpipe will pool at the bottom, where there is absolutely no heat source, making for really bad cooling performance:

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/sffpc/comments/ljsn04/psa_xtia_xproto_after_having_3_different_aib_rtx/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmfki

I just learnt that Nvidia has stopped making the RTX 3080 FE a long time ago, and that is why I haven't seen it in stock. I could get the 3080TI FE, but that has a stupid price, so no thanks. Not paying 1250€ for 750€ worth of performance.

I have looked over all the AIB cooler designs, and they all have those darn straight heatpipes, none are in the S configuration like on AMD cards.

Is my only option to go for a watercooled design? I already bought the case, don't really want to get a different one.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

I dont think it would make any significant difference, I can do a basic 15 minute test my 3070 noctua by flipping the case front side down if you want.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

I'm pretty sure that regardless of the orientation, the results will be nearly the same or with error margin. The liquid is more of a gas isn't it? If that's the case it should just fill the space its in.

Sorry I probably edited my post. Refresh plz. Build Specs Below.

System

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5900x
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F
  • RAM
    32 GB (2X8) Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CAS 16
  • GPU
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3070
  • Case
    Corsair 4000D Airflow
  • Storage
    Sabrent 1 TB TLC PCI 4.0 NVMe M.2
  • PSU
    NZXT C850 Gold PSU
  • Display(s)
    MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34" UWQHD
  • Cooling
    Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT 240mm
  • Operating System
    Windows 11

Yaeh, in vacuum  the gases tend to move any way they want.

I edit my posts more often than not

Just now, Tan3l6 said:

2 minutes ago, mr fobs said:

I'm pretty sure that regardless of the orientation, the results will be nearly the same or with error margin. The liquid is more of a gas isn't it? If that's the case it should just fill the space its in.

I believe they are filled with tiny amounts of liquid (from what I remember at GN's cooler factory videos), if that is the case wouldnt gravity pull the condensed liquid to all the way to bottom (especially when card is not heavily used) then wouldnt that result reduced heat pipe efficiency?

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

3 minutes ago, Levent said:

I believe they are filled with tiny amounts of liquid (from what I remember at GN's cooler factory videos), if that is the case wouldnt gravity pull the condensed liquid to all the way to bottom (especially when card is not heavily used) then wouldnt that result reduced heat pipe efficiency?

Hard to tell, but if the GPU is in horizontal position in most cases anyawy, the liquid would disperse surely quite evenly.
Not an expert in the fields of different heatpipe designs... theres even the differnece of wick that is inside the pipes that matters.

I edit my posts more often than not

31 minutes ago, mr fobs said:

30 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

42 minutes ago, Levent said:

I dont think it would make any significant difference, I can do a basic 15 minute test my 3070 noctua by flipping the case front side down if you want.

Well on that Reddit post there are a ton of people who say that the temps went from 80C 100% fanspeed down to 60-70 and much lower fanspeed, by just tilting the case horizontally.

But I read it again, and the NZXT H1 has the GPU in the other direction, so I/O down, so the heatsource is at the bottom, so it doesn't suffer from that problem. And that case can be had for about the same price as the Tower 100 that I bought, and includes 140mm AIO etc. 

So if I can't find the FE, I think of just getting that case and an AIB card and sending the Tower 100 back. Yes I have seen the GN video, it has been fixed, but no one dares to buy them anymore, so the price is really low.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.