Radeon IGPU Drivers necessary?

Been wanting to ask this question for quite a while now...

I found out that for some reason, I would still have pretty much the exact same performance as with or without the graphics drivers installed...
no rendering issues, no framerate fluctuations, nothing. Even graphically intensive games still run and show identical performance metrics.
Yes, I did use DDU to properly uninstall my drivers (going to safe mode and everything), so I should just be running on Window's base drivers.

Am I missing something or does the Radeon drivers currently just don't really provide much or at all any benefits compared to just Windows base drivers?

P.S: No this topic is not a troubleshoot

41 minutes ago, cheapskates said:

Been wanting to ask this question for quite a while now...

I found out that for some reason, I would still have pretty much the exact same performance as with or without the graphics drivers installed...
no rendering issues, no framerate fluctuations, nothing. Even graphically intensive games still run and show identical performance metrics.
Yes, I did use DDU to properly uninstall my drivers (going to safe mode and everything), so I should just be running on Window's base drivers.

Am I missing something or does the Radeon drivers currently just don't really provide much or at all any benefits compared to just Windows base drivers?

P.S: No this topic is not a troubleshoot

You'd know if you were truly on Windows base drivers if every game gave a DirectX error and your screen resolution was stuck at 640x480. You're still on iGPU drivers, they're just being auto-installed by Windows Update.

Quote or mention me or I won't be notified of your reply!

Main Rig: R7 3700x New!, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB, ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming New!, Corsair RGB 2x16GB 3200MHz New!, 512GB Crucial P5, 120GB Samsung SSD, 1TB Segate SSHD, 2TB Barracuda HDD

MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Max, 32GB RAM)

Links: My beautiful sketchy case | My website

4 minutes ago, ImAlsoRan said:

You'd know if you were truly on Windows base drivers if every game gave a DirectX error and your screen resolution was stuck at 640x480. You're still on iGPU drivers, they're just being auto-installed by Windows Update.

Ohh,

But wait, does windows always have it then? Since I have windows update on prompt first or will it just re-install it regardless?

I haven't updated windows for around more or less a year now, and I've ignored the prompts so far.

They'll automatically install if they aren't present. Vendors push recent versions but Windows doesn't update them all too often. If you really want to have zero graphics drivers (you really, really don't want to do this– if you just wanna know what performance is like, just boot in safe mode and you'll see), you need to disable the auto install, which Tom's Hardware has a guide for here.

Quote or mention me or I won't be notified of your reply!

Main Rig: R7 3700x New!, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB, ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming New!, Corsair RGB 2x16GB 3200MHz New!, 512GB Crucial P5, 120GB Samsung SSD, 1TB Segate SSHD, 2TB Barracuda HDD

MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Max, 32GB RAM)

Links: My beautiful sketchy case | My website

There indeed isn't much point to installing the Radeon package manually unless you want some of the settings that you can reach through Adrenalin. Windows already automatically installs what's needed. 

Or if you have a specific issue/performance improvement that is explicitly in a newer driver version, since Windows doesn't tend to update that often.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2